• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GOM doesn't reset after towing?

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
Yesterday I hooked up my car trailer and pulled it about 100ft. The truck was nearly fully charged (standard battery) and the range reset from 225 to 87 miles. A bit pessimistic, but whatever. After I disconneced the trailer and drove across town, the truck still seemed to think there was a trailer attached and range was dropping very slowly despite achieving ~2.5 miles/kwh for a 20-mile trip. Today I drove to work, range still said ~80 miles. Charged at work, back to 100% and range was then 95 miles. The truck is still announcing to me when I start it that my range has been adjusted due to a trailer being detected. How does the truck think it is detecting my non-existent trailer? Yes I could just ignore the GOM and the messages but I'm a little bit OCD and this bothers me.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Go to trailer settings and select No Active Trailer.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Did you select "no trailer" in the towing menu?

OP
OP
uniblab

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
I did not select "no trailer" in the towing menu. I thought this was supposed to happen automatically once the trailer was disconnected. When I hooked up the trailer, I didn't select anything in the towing menu and the truck detected the trailer automatically, shouldn't the same happen upon disconnect?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did not select "no trailer" in the towing menu. I thought this was supposed to happen automatically once the trailer was disconnected. When I hooked up the trailer, I didn't select anything in the towing menu and the truck detected the trailer automatically, shouldn't the same happen upon disconnect?
Should? Maybe. Does? Nope. Try what I suggested.

Sponsored

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
The towing functions of this truck are all over the place. When I plug a trailer in, it detects it and asked me to select which trailer it is or if I want to set a new one up. GREAT! Well, logic would suggest when the trailer lights get unplugged it would assume the trailer is no longer attached. Well, that doesn't happen. Sometimes I get a popup when I unplug the trailer and I can select no trailer. But it doesn't even respond to that. I always have to open the trailer towing screen and manually select no active trailer to get the range to go back up.

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
I had this happen yesterday after a 70 mile tow. Tow mode was off, trailer wasn’t selected. I reselected and remove it. It has persisted after a charging session. Need to drive some more to truly know if it’s “stuck” but if you’re seeing this too, may be a bug.

Lariat ER

Ford F-150 Lightning GOM doesn't reset after towing? IMG_1045

Last edited by a moderator:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also a bug on the ICE trucks and has been for years.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I’m sure the first time I towed (last spring) the GOM reverted to “normal” when I unhooked. It doesn’t seem to any longer.

Sponsored

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
I’m sure the first time I towed (last spring) the GOM reverted to “normal” when I unhooked. It doesn’t seem to any longer.
Same here, that's why I posted it... I've towed the same trailer about 10 times so far and this last trip is the only one that didn't reset upon disconnect.

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
Me too. Towed 3 different trailers and the GOM always reset after the trailer was detached. Not this time though and it was one of the same 3 trailers. I thought maybe it would reset if I removed the drawbar from the receiver, but that made no difference. I will try to find the towing screen and tell the truck “ no trailer selected”.

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
Me too. Towed 3 different trailers and the GOM always reset after the trailer was detached. Not this time though and it was one of the same 3 trailers. I thought maybe it would reset if I removed the drawbar from the receiver, but that made no difference. I will try to find the towing screen and tell the truck “ no trailer selected”.
I just did what NC Mike said, ie I powered up, went to the towing screen, clicked No Trailer Selected, and Bingo, the GOM (which I actually like) shot back up to proper range. Mike, thank you.

Balabanr

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening
Occupation
research scientist
I have the same problem and 'no trailer selected' did not resolve..... This is likely a bug or poor programming? Any other solutions out there? It is bad enough that it keeps reminding you that your range is cut in half, with an aluminum trailer, even when you are not hauling.....
Sponsored