• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ground fault using manual transfer switch

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Yes Maquis knows his stuff inside and out and was a big help to me during my install. I should point out he never recommended I remove the ground. I take full responsibility for that decision.
my electrician with 18yrs experienced, the last 5 specializing in generators did it that way as he has for several other Pro-Power customers. I already had a setup for a portable generator. disconnecting the ground made using the lightning a zero cost option. had our first power outage last week. only 4 hours long but the lightning as a generator worked beautifully. Note that I have attached a big red warning tag to the switch to make sure the next owner of our house will know to reconnect the ground.
Sponsored

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
To reiterate -- your home based system is already grounded, probably at multiple points. It has breakers and if its decent, GFCI and AFI breakers for circuits that are in locations that are deemed needing such. If it is NOT, then you should not be here discussing the minutia of the ground fault thing with the Lighting.

Removing the ground in some fashion between the Lighting and the home is NOT disabling all the other safety systems.

All you are doing is disabling Ford's VERY APPROPRIATE job site GFCI setup that they did not include a switch to disable (also appropriate, if I were a Ford lawyer)
Sponsored