• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Had truck for 1 day, now in service for over 3 weeks with no end in sight......

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
I finally picked up my truck yesterday. Hopefully it is all resolved. The paperwork indicates the following:

First of all ,they had the truck from January 25 to March 24. Here are the comments:

Replaced lower array 1 due to internal isolation fault

Bus bar for arrays 7 to 8 was accidently placed between arrays 6 and 7 causing arc damage to both arrays and bus bar. Both arrays and bus bar replaced.

Based on other comments in the paperwork, it seems most of the delays were due to waiting for parts to arrive. First for the initial array, and then for the additional ones they messed up.

I had reached out to the buyback department and they had approved a full buyback if I wanted that. I instead opted for a modest settlement under the "cash and keep" program. Yes, this entire experience was a hassle, but they did provide a loaner vehicle the entire time so other than some inconvenience, no real harm was done.

My fingers are crossed that this is the end of it.
I had a great 5 weeks after I got mine back from Ford after the dealer had it for 9 weeks. Then it died again and I am going with the full buy back now
Sponsored

OP
OP

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
I had a great 5 weeks after I got mine back from Ford after the dealer had it for 9 weeks. Then it died again and I am going with the full buy back now

Fortunately the buyback offer is good for 6 months without re-qualifying, so if something else happens within that time period I will take the buyback (less the cash and keep settlement they already paid). If it hapens after the 6 months, then I would have to apply again.

But again, my fingers are crossed that no more issues arise.......

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Trying to track HV battery related fails, fixes (build date, etc)

230313 Powertrain Malfunction - Reduced Power forum track list - Google Sheets

Dang google sheets are hard to paste in with a link (seemed to work just a paste ago), just goes to "Media" which does not link, so used "Code" function, which means link has to copied and pasted into a new tab to see it. @TaxmanHog
Fixed link to tracking sheet
230313 Powertrain Malfunction - Reduced Power forum track list - Google Sheets

loveurdj

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Manager

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
I finally picked up my truck yesterday. Hopefully it is all resolved. The paperwork indicates the following:

First of all ,they had the truck from January 25 to March 24. Here are the comments:

Replaced lower array 1 due to internal isolation fault

Bus bar for arrays 7 to 8 was accidently placed between arrays 6 and 7 causing arc damage to both arrays and bus bar. Both arrays and bus bar replaced.

Based on other comments in the paperwork, it seems most of the delays were due to waiting for parts to arrive. First for the initial array, and then for the additional ones they messed up.

I had reached out to the buyback department and they had approved a full buyback if I wanted that. I instead opted for a modest settlement under the "cash and keep" program. Yes, this entire experience was a hassle, but they did provide a loaner vehicle the entire time so other than some inconvenience, no real harm was done.

My fingers are crossed that this is the end of it.

Well still good?

Sponsored

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Iced White, 2023 Lightning Platinum
I initiated a request with the "buyback department" (whatever that is) to see what my options are.

Havent gotten an answer yet
When it comes to the Lemon Law, here's my experience which was a good one.

Don't wait, you will get form letter. See an attorney that has experience in 'Lemon laws.' I had to go the Lemon law once. One $250 letter from an attorney that knew all the right things to say had me a new SUV in a few days.

Here's the dirty little secret, Ford doesn't want to buy back as a lemon, so make it easy for Ford to simply buy-it-back and refund every penny (taxes, tags, title, etc) except for payments.

OP
OP

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Well still good?

Not too long after that reply I ended up having an issue with the turn signals. Occasionally I would get a "fast blink" like if a bulb was out on an older car. But if you turned the truck off and on it would temporarily go away. Anyways, I took it to the dealer, and they said there was a turn signal module that needed to be replaced. Well after 5 weeks of "no module yet, still on backorder, etc", I went ahead and executed a full buyback right before the 6 month expiration. They gave me back every penny, minus the "cash and keep" settlement from before.

I REALLY liked the truck, but I just cant deal with the obvious unavailability of replacement parts. Maybe I will try again in a couple of years, because overall it was an appealing vehicle. In the meantime I took advantage of some significant incentives on remaining 2023 Mach Es, and bought another Grabber Blue GTPE to replace the 2021 I had that I traded in on the Lightning.......

OP
OP

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
When it comes to the Lemon Law, here's my experience which was a good one.

Don't wait, you will get form letter. See an attorney that has experience in 'Lemon laws.' I had to go the Lemon law once. One $250 letter from an attorney that knew all the right things to say had me a new SUV in a few days.

Here's the dirty little secret, Ford doesn't want to buy back as a lemon, so make it easy for Ford to simply buy-it-back and refund every penny (taxes, tags, title, etc) except for payments.

Thats what happened here. I simply restarted the conversation via email with the rep that handled my "cash and keep" settlement. She revived the buyback deal, and emailed me the buyback document. They paid the purchase price, dealer fees, taxes, etc. The only thing that was deducted was the money I got for the cash and keep settlement, which is certainly fair that they deduct that.

All in all it was a pretty smooth transaction. They sent the paperwork and check to the dealer where the truck was in service at. Once they got the paperwork, they called me. I went down there with the title, got my tag and personal effects out of the vehicle, we signed the papers, and they handed me a check. Took about 15 minutes and that was that.
Sponsored