• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heater question during charging....

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
No, it was on accessory mode... if it's that simple I feel stupid. We should still be able to run heat while charging with ACC on. That seems intuitive.
In reality, there’s no reason to even have an ACC mode in an EV. As long as you’re not driving, it’s in ACC mode.
If it’s “On”, everything should work.
Sponsored

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
No, it was on accessory mode... if it's that simple I feel stupid. We should still be able to run heat while charging with ACC on. That seems intuitive.
Yeah don't know why they do it that way, but Ford's history with gas is long, so they emulate the behavior of the ICE trucks.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Do the HVB contactors close in ACC mode?

If not, you wouldn't want the HVAC load on the LVB.

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
In reality, there’s no reason to even have an ACC mode in an EV. As long as you’re not driving, it’s in ACC mode.
If it’s “On”, everything should work.
Tesla figured this out.

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I had this heater issue today. Got in the truck after work and took off. Noticed cool air, turned up control to 80°, only mild change. Got out, ran quick errand and back in. Still rather tepid. Curious what will happen in the morning. Not charging tonight as this is my first week to see how long I can make it with one or two charges.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
My truck is still retarded.. 74degrees is blazing hot. Not just when I first turn the truck on but after driving for 30min. The temp sensor seems to not be registering actual temp.
Sponsored