• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help deciding on purchase

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Sorry I mean if I buy the additional PremiumCare from Granger. Why do they even sell 36k/3 yr if the manufacturers bumper to bumper is that long and included in the sale?...
Key coverage and 1st day rental would be the only thing I could think of.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
@el_babo Thank you! I forwarded this to my sales rep (and his manager, I've only had 1 reply to texts and emails over the past 4 weeks).

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I didn't have a dog in this hunt until last week.

I ordered new a '22 Lightning and got that about a year ago. My dealer also participated in the "mannequin" program and they were sent a nearly identical Atlas Blue Lariat to mine with the exception that it had max tow. Of course they were required to keep it for 6 months.

About two months ago they got in a '23 MME GT-PE and asked me if I was interested. Since I had wanted a GT originally I said yes and they held it for me and put minimal miles on it while waiting for the 60 day program to expire.

So I bought the car about a week ago and we checked PTS the day after the sale and it shows the warranty start date was 19 Apr '23. I bought the car on the 20th of this month.

So in doing the normal stuff of adding it to FordPass etc. I checked the connected services tab for the car on my Ford account and found that BlueCruise, the maps, and Alexa all had start dates of 18 Apr '23. I called the customer service line and they told me that all of that was based on my warranty start date.

I told them I was the first owner and wanted to know why my warranty start date was back in April. The lady told me it was entirely up to my selling dealer and to get them to fix it (words to that effect).

Now...I have a great relationship with my dealership from sales to service and the GM included. When I dropped by to ask if they had any update I was told they had submitted a case but didn't expect to hear anything soon. And in fact I was told that when they sell 'mannequins' it is reported to Ford as the sale of a used vehicle. Why? Because when Ford had the dealer put the vehicle on the FCTP program it counted that as a sale. So all of us with mannequins now have what Ford considers "used" vehicles.

It's fine that our warranty has been extended because we all bought vehicles on the FCTP program. I have no problem with that. I just think it's more than a bit unfair that somebody who bought a Lightning that had to sit on the FCTP program for 6 months has now permanently lost 6 months (or more?) of what apparently is going to be a very expensive BlueCruise feature (proposed $800 a year 😯 ).

I don't understand why the Connected Services are not tied to the first customer owner instead of the dealership that put it on the FCTP program.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN