• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help Deciding on Trim

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I have an ICE XLT and it comes with a lot of creature comforts that makes me forget it's a lower trim. Even the cloth seats are premium. If you are leasing I say go with a Lariat, if purchasing and plan on keeping I say you get the XLT.

The biggest problem with these EV's is there will come a time when Ford will stop supporting them with software updates, like phones.
Glad to hear the cloth seats are good!

Ah yes, I know what you mean - my '18 Honda PHEV is being discontinued (last year of production is 2021).
I have become better at EV driving and therefore will be taking the plunge into a full BEV car!
When ordering opens, I will look at the XLT SR due to the cloth seats I must have.
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Don't think that's the same. Your phone will turn into a brick when the telco inevitably shuts down the network it's running on. The EV should continue to perform it's primary functions as long as the battery can be charged. The connected features are nice but not essential for moving from point A to point B.
Agree completely. The biggest pain point is infotainment, but that's largely mitigated by AA/CarPlay. The car will still maintain baseline locomotive functionality whether or not it receives software updates (barring battery degradation, hardware issues or software hacks that impair functionality).

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
I am really looking forward to the configurator. I honestly don't know what trim package I want and I want to see discounts, etc;

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I had this experience with my 18 Model 3 RWD. Once that Model was discontinued and the hardware in the newer Model 3's were improved there were updates that did not affect that specific model. Yes, the primary function will continue Point A to Point B.
You only set yourself up for disappointment when you buy a vehicle or any other tech based on the promise of future software and functionality updates. This is especially true when talking about Tesla ;).

Ford is also guilty of this. I bet some Mach-E owners might be disappointed with the first iteration of Blue Cruise which seems to have less functionality than promised (e.g. can't handle gently sweeping curves).

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
You only set yourself up for disappointment when you buy a vehicle or any other tech based on the promise of future software and functionality updates. This is especially true when talking about Tesla ;).

Ford is also guilty of this. I bet some Mach-E owners might be disappointed with the first iteration of Blue Cruise which seems to have less functionality than promised (e.g. can't handle gently sweeping curves).
Oh, I never bought the Tesla expecting software updates for life, but 2 years after? On top of that it was my first EV and now I know what to expect. Which is why for me Ford Options might be a more reasonable choice when it comes to the Lightning.
Sponsored