• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Need help Deciding to disconnect battery

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
And since you disconnected the 12V battery you probably should do the BMS Learned Values Reset dance as well, and according to the repair procedures you're supposed to do the windows re-learn as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Well for the Cobra when it was armed and full of fuel it was a pig to taxi and takeoff. Under powered in hot conditions always had to slide it down the runway to get to transational lift speed about 18 kts when it could get out of its own rotor wash. To be sure the Army years late finally recognized the F’d up because the new attacks can hover at any distance off the ground fully fueled and loaded. In the air it was fun but still a little sluggish with all that armament hanging on the wings. In cobra transition school the were clean. No pods and no armament for the first 2 weeks and in that configuration the damn thing was a Ferrari. Although I love them my heart is the Huey. Flying those and doing far far more than taking off and shooting made me a far better pilot. 100’ hover holes In triple canopy jungle pulling our guys out on strings and ladders rappelling recovery teams and lots more you became part of the beast. Sorry I got a little lost on that.

but I did pullfuse 32 and will leave it out for a while. For sure that is a more elegant solution.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
I had my 12v battery disconnected for almost a week. That didn't reset a thing.
In fact I never even lost my radio station presets.
It's like the large battery kept everything powered while the 12v was off line.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It's like the large battery kept everything powered while the 12v was off line.
Impossible, need 12v actuate the HV contactors in the pack to send energy to the DC/DC converter.

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
but I did pullfuse 32 and will leave it out for a while. For sure that is a more elegant solution.
[/QUOTE]

And replaced it 4 hours later. I heard the modem power up when the fuse went back in but it still is not working since I cannot "activate" Ford Pass to the truck. So I can't see the truck or do anything with it in the App. Dealer seems to be my only choice.

AND the really good news is because while troubleshooting with Fordpass rep we did a full wipe everything to factory master reset which wiped my Connect settings. Since I can't reactivate Ford Pass due to the modem I got this really nice email from Ford saying since you did a Master Reset telling me :

"If you'd like to continue these services, simply reactivate your vehicle's FordPass™ Connect using the FordPass App. Without reactivation, services will be canceled at the end of the 14‑day window .

and you can't "simply" reactivate since that cannot be done if the truck modem is inoperable.

Interesting that their equipment fails and I might lose benefits because I may not be able to reactivate in time. If the dealer can't perform some immediate software magic and does not have the right parts it could that weeks or more due to the strike . Based on the issues others have identified on these forums the probability that parts will not be available for week or more is pretty much 100%. So I have no clue as to if/when Ford will be able to fix the issue much less assurance it will be done in 14 days from yesterday since I'm 230 miles from a dealer near my home I need to have diagnose the issue. And I won't be there until 9/19 earliest. Only good news is the truck seems to be fully operable. Online Ford Rep do you care to jump in here????

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Anytime anyone suggests a master reset (of a vehicle, phone, tablet, computer, or anything) you should hang up the phone.

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Anytime anyone suggests a master reset (of a vehicle, phone, tablet, computer, or anything) you should hang up the phone.
I had done a partial reset when FP could not turn off preferred settings and I needed to charge ASAP. At that point PAAK and everything else still worked but I had to try something as the truck modem had not connected to Ford since the 26th and it was under direction of the Ford techs.

In any event my dealer was able to schedule an appointment next Thursday so that will be the first step toward fixing the problem. 🙏

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Yeah...but that's what finally got Phone as a Key working for me.🤷‍♂️
Sponsored