• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How do I figure out if I have received any OTA updates?

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
I am trying to figure out if my F150 Powerboost SW has been updated OTA. I have had my truck for a year and the only notification I received about an OTA update was a failed notice. There are no update details on the SYNC screen. I had the truck in for service and they said there are no updates available for my truck but could not tell me what the last one was or what version sw I should be on. The only thing I can see is SYNC 4 Software Version 20312_Product Revision 243. I have my updates scheduled and the truck is connected to wifi. The only thing my dealer did was some TSB update that just came out about fixing the OTA updates and made it so my running boards no longer work. They are now stuck in the out position and I am waiting for a new module to fix them.
Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
You most likely don't need a new module to fix them. Some of us have had the bit indicating running boards are installed reset during the software update. It can be fixed with Forscan. Address is in DSM - 744-23-02 01xx xxxx xx Changed from 00 not present to 01 present. Worked for me and others. See the Forscan thread for details.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
And there is a 100% chance your software needs updating. OTA 2.3.0 in February got me to SYNC rev 244 and you are a rev older. When I was at 244 I still had more than 7 hours of updating with FDRS to get completely updated.

Dealers don't want to update because Ford won't pay them... They have to be "fixing" a problem. Downlevel isn't a problem per Ford.
Sponsored