• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How do I get Updates?

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I've had my Lariat ER for almost 3 months and have not gotten any updates. I read on this forum about updates but none of them are being sent to my truck. Do dealers have the ability to download updates? I shouldn't have to go there to get them but if Ford isn't sending them automaically I guess I will.

Has anyone else noticed they don't get updates?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Have you verified in your truck's settings that you have Automatic Updates turned on?

If so, then set a schedule, but all that does is choose when to APPLY updates that require the truck to be immobile. Set it for like 1AM seven days a week.

A new truck may not have needed any updates yet. A dealer will very likely charge to update.

OP
OP

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Have you verified in your truck's settings that you have Automatic Updates turned on?

If so, then set a schedule, but all that does is choose when to APPLY updates that require the truck to be immobile. Set it for like 1AM seven days a week.

A new truck may not have needed any updates yet. A dealer will very likely charge to update.
I have automatic updates turned on inside the truck set for every day at 1:00 a.m.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I have automatic updates turned on inside the truck set for every day at 1:00 a.m.
Just to again clarify, updates can come at any time. The schedule is when to APPLY an update that requires the truck to be immobile.

Best way to get updates is to drive your truck.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
As for the dealer charging, It does vary wildly by dealer, but yes they can check your truck to see what might be out there for your truck.

Sponsored

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
I noticed similar issues. When I truck was in the repair shop for 180 days, no updates were applied, after I got it back they slowly were downloaded and applied.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
In addition to Auto Updates being on, I think it has to be plugged in and the parking brake on for some updates.

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Our Mach E was purchased in mid July ‘21. The first updates came about 4 months later.
Sponsored