• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How Do the Ford TruXedo Tonneaus Match Up to TruXedos Purchased Elsewhere?

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I've been thinking about a Tonneau since I purchased my truck, and I'm considering a purchase of the TruXedo Pro X15. Ford's Accesories site sells three TruXedo Tonneaus, but for obvious reasons they have different part numbers and the description vs. price seems way off in comparison.

• TruXedo Soft Roll up Tonneau lowest price Part No: VFL3Z84501A42EA - this has the 5 year warranty as the TruXport and also is closet in price to that model.
  • TruXedo Platinum Part No: VJL3Z84501A42C - the description seems the same as the TruXport since it sits 1.5" above the truck bed, but it's priced closer to the Lo Pro.
  • TruXedo XLP Part No: VJL3Z84501A42B - this description seems the same as the Lo Pro since it sits 3/4" above the truck bed, but it's closer in price to the TruXedo Pro X15.
I'm wondering if the descriptions are accurate since the photos on the site are lacking. Has anyone purchased any of the models and if so, can you confirm the height and/or if any of the models Ford sells are the same?

I'm considering going through Ford to use the FordPass points towards the purchase, but I may just end up buying the Pro X15 if my theory here is wrong.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I've been thinking about a Tonneau since I purchased my truck, and I'm considering a purchase of the TruXedo Pro X15. Ford's Accesories site sells three TruXedo Tonneaus, but for obvious reasons they have different part numbers and the description vs. price seems way off in comparison.

• TruXedo Soft Roll up Tonneau lowest price Part No: VFL3Z84501A42EA - this has the 5 year warranty as the TruXport and also is closet in price to that model.
  • TruXedo Platinum Part No: VJL3Z84501A42C - the description seems the same as the TruXport since it sits 1.5" above the truck bed, but it's priced closer to the Lo Pro.
  • TruXedo XLP Part No: VJL3Z84501A42B - this description seems the same as the Lo Pro since it sits 3/4" above the truck bed, but it's closer in price to the TruXedo Pro X15.
I'm wondering if the descriptions are accurate since the photos on the site are lacking. Has anyone purchased any of the models and if so, can you confirm the height and/or if any of the models Ford sells are the same?

I'm considering going through Ford to use the FordPass points towards the purchase, but I may just end up buying the Pro X15 if my theory here is wrong.
I had two Ford Mavericks prior to the Lightning and I put that same Tonneau on each of them. I would highly recommend that model to anyone looking for a quality rollup cover.

I bought mine through:

https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.co...uxedo-pro-x15-angry-elephant-rack-system.html

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I don't think there would be much difference between the TruXedo cover with a Ford part number on it and the TruXedo branded cover. You could give TruXedo's customer service a call to see if there is any difference.

I ended up buying a TruXedo Pro X 15 soft tonneau cover that i found on Amazon in their Warehouse deals section. It was in perfect condition and all of the hardware was still sealed in plastic. attached is a picture of my lightning with the cover installed and a picture of the logo.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

[/QUOTE]

forum.

OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I don't think there would be much difference between the TruXedo cover with a Ford part number on it and the TruXedo branded cover. You could give TruXedo's customer service a call to see if there is any difference.

I ended up buying a TruXedo Pro X 15 soft tonneau cover that i found on Amazon in their Warehouse deals section. It was in perfect condition and all of the hardware was still sealed in plastic. attached is a picture of my lightning with the cover installed and a picture of the logo.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG
forum.
[/QUOTE]

the Pro X15 looks good. Based on another thread I’ve found, I think the XLP is the Lo Pro unfortunately.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Ohh the X15 is Fabric? That's pretty nice.

Sponsored

Biobob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have used this cover on three different trucks and have had no problems to speak of. I did have a bad hinge on one but it was covered by the lifetime warranty.
Ohh the X15 is Fabric? That's pretty nice.
Ford F-150 Lightning How Do the Ford TruXedo Tonneaus Match Up to TruXedos Purchased Elsewhere? IMG_0442

Ford F-150 Lightning How Do the Ford TruXedo Tonneaus Match Up to TruXedos Purchased Elsewhere? IMG_0446

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I have used this cover on three different trucks and have had no problems to speak of. I did have a bad hinge on one but it was covered by the lifetime warranty.

IMG_0442.jpeg

IMG_0446.jpeg

That blue is beautiful inside F-150 lettering on gate.

Nice shine. Ceramic coating?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG
I like that material better than the vinyl of the others and how it sits a lot more flush. Is it still quite waterproof?

Last edited:

Biobob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
That blue is beautiful inside F-150 lettering on gate.

Nice shine. Ceramic coating?
I was trying to point out the bed cover.
Thanks for the compliment on the lighting storm on the tailgate. I strip all my vehicles.

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I like that material better than the vinyl of the others and how it sits a lot more flush. Is it still quite waterproof?
We have had a bit of rain recently and it seems o.k. It did come with additional seals that go on the front and back of side rails, and also across the front of the box.

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
We have had a bit of rain recently and it seems o.k. It did come with additional seals that go on the front and back of side rails, and also across the front of the box.
I just dropped the Truxedo ProX15 on my Lightning. It went on easy and looks great. I like the fact that it is like convertible top material, should be good for dirt and long term wear. Great low profile too.

Ford F-150 Lightning How Do the Ford TruXedo Tonneaus Match Up to TruXedos Purchased Elsewhere? IMG_4078

Ford F-150 Lightning How Do the Ford TruXedo Tonneaus Match Up to TruXedos Purchased Elsewhere? IMG_4079
Sponsored