• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to stop tailgate beeping?

skytrash00

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2023
Ok so I have the back up beeps taken care of! I have the frunk beep silenced! Only the tailgate is left.

so I took apart the tailgate and found that the noise was coming from this huge box. I unplugged the box and saw that it had about 20 pins. Looks like it was important. The tailgate lost all of its ability to be a power tailgate. So I connected back and it is back to being an annoying tailgate.
Has anyone found out how to stop the tail gate beeping?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ok so I have the back up beeps taken care of! I have the frunk beep silenced! Only the tailgate is left.

so I took apart the tailgate and found that the noise was coming from this huge box. I unplugged the box and saw that it had about 20 pins. Looks like it was important. The tailgate lost all of its ability to be a power tailgate. So I connected back and it is back to being an annoying tailgate.
Has anyone found out how to stop the tail gate beeping?
Epoxy over the opening in the black box where the sounds emanate from, if that's feasible..

OP
OP
skytrash00

skytrash00

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2023
What about any FORScan options. Just bought my dongle and program is all uploaded. ANy smart folks out there figure this out already?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
ANy smart folks out there figure this out already?
The lawyers probably would not approve an option to disable this "safety" feature even in forscan, but I could be wrong, let's see what the tuning wizards have to say.

tashabay716

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 Lighning
Occupation
retired
Anybody find a solution for this tail gate chime? I have disabled every other chime, beep and ding and still cannot stop the tail gate chime
Sponsored