• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Being asked to stop and chat about the Lightning

Eric M

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘06 F150, ‘58 356 Porsche, ‘52 Land Rover 80”
Occupation
Footwear designer
Back in the 1990’s, because of my business and our relationship with VW, I was loaned the first New Beetle to be driven on the street. this was approx 6 months before the first “new Beetle“ hit the street. I left the warehouse with the car and drove onto the street and immediately was like a major rockstar in public. Cars were swerving and drivers were pointing and yelling. I turned onto the freeway and was immediately completely surrounded on all four lanes by cars pacing my every move. I couldn’t change lanes unless I accelerated away from the crowd. It continued like this the entirety of the period I had that car. .. a few months.

I haven’t received my lightning yet… but it has shipped and I expect it in a couple of weeks. I have been tossed the keys to my dealership’s (Perry Ford in San Luis Obispo, CA who have been great to deal with BTW) mannequin and did get to drive it around a bit. In town and on the freeway not one person ogled the truck. I felt like I was driving my current ICE Lariat. … invisible. As I turned back into the street where the dealership is, to return the truck, a fellow in a big dodge diesel flatbed work truck glanced over and smiled and gave me a thumbs up.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I was heading to the post office this afternoon, a young dude a 20/30 something behind the wheel of an older Ram 1500 4x4, he caught up to me giving a wave and a big thumbs up, even Dodge/Ram guys are liking the Lightning, if he's die-hard Dodge guy, then he s chomping at the bit for their EV truck to make it to market.