• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hubcaps / wheel covers for more range?

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
OP
OP

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
Sacrifices have to be made if you want your great, great, great grandchildren to enjoy things like grass and clean air. You can only do what you can do.
Personally my truck "trucks" just fine and I love the smooth quiet rush of speed and torque.

remember, real men do what's right, even when no one is looking, or getting backlash and criticism. If it's right, it's right. Gas is dead. Electric is the future. And it's only getting better.
TBH I don't really subscribe to the idea that this is making a noticeable impact for the next generations. Maybe some moderate improvement, but essentially just a change in type of pollution. The only way to improve the world is with a reduction in consumption, not a change in the type of consumption. There is no free lunch.

I've given electric a try, and from my experience all I can say is that gas is far from dead. EV is an additional option for transport; but we're many years out from true mass adoption (greater than 50% of pop.) and available tech to make it palatable for the masses.

What "real men" has to do with any of this, I don't know. Driving an EV has no meaning, other than as one of many tools one can use as a form of transportation. "Real Men" (anyone) find the right tool for the job, EV or not.

Asterix

First Name
Cilius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Kia Seltos
Occupation
Engineer

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
TBH I don't really subscribe to the idea that this is making a noticeable impact for the next generations. Maybe some moderate improvement, but essentially just a change in type of pollution. The only way to improve the world is with a reduction in consumption, not a change in the type of consumption. There is no free lunch.

I've given electric a try, and from my experience all I can say is that gas is far from dead. EV is an additional option for transport; but we're many years out from true mass adoption (greater than 50% of pop.) and available tech to make it palatable for the masses.

What "real men" has to do with any of this, I don't know. Driving an EV has no meaning, other than as one of many tools one can use as a form of transportation. "Real Men" (anyone) find the right tool for the job, EV or not.
Every single electric vehicle, including the lightning, increases the odds that someone else will buy an electric vehicle 100 fold.

OP
OP

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant