• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I love this device!! BINIZE Android 13 CarPlay AI Box with Netflix YouTube

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Has anyone installed DIRECTV and has it working?
I have a 1 yr old Elite stream to your car box and it is very buggy and slow and it will not install DTV.

Last edited:

Sponsored

eyeguy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 XLT, 2011 Shelby GT 500, 2016 Fusion
Occupation
Self employed
Someone on this forum mentioned this device (I have since not been able to find the thread), but I just want to tell everyone how happy I am with this device! The Ford Lightning has such a beautiful touch screen, THIS DEVICE lets you really take advantage of that screen. It gives you Netflix, Youtube, and almost anything else that you want. It has a slot where you can put a separate SIM card in for internet (I didn't do this - I just HOTSPOT my phone) and it works great. This device has its own GPS so you can use other navigation apps.

It lets me do email, my Microsoft Teams, a Chrome browser, plus on trips my copilot can search for charging stations (Charge Assist won't work if you are moving which drives me BONKERS on trips).

I bought it on Amazon, it was $289 Canadian.

Also, their tech support was quick and very responsive using Facebook Messenger (Youtube didn't work for me right away, they told me to update it using Play Store and that solved it! I love this device!!

I just ordered one from Amazon, I hope the install is easy.
and that I ordered the same one or similar.

OP
OP
thunderbayterry

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
I agree because I have tried 2 of these $300 boxes and they both sucked.
Sorry bud, I didn't mean for it to feel like spam. I'm not related to this China company, I don't GET anything for this, I just was really impressed with this device and wanted to share my experience. This device has improved how much i enjoy my Lightning! 😀

eyeguy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
OK so after plugging in this Binize it competes with the wireless CarPlay. So after turning off Bluetooth and connecting to the phone hot spot it seems to work ok. Is there something I can do so the phone and AutoKit connect and work simultaneously?

OP
OP
thunderbayterry

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
OK so after plugging in this Binize it competes with the wireless CarPlay. So after turning off Bluetooth and connecting to the phone hot spot it seems to work ok. Is there something I can do so the phone and AutoKit connect and work simultaneously?
I have an Android phone, with Android Auto wirelessly.
I have found you can only have ONE active at a time, but it is quite easy to switch back and forth.

eyeguy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
I have an Android phone, with Android Auto wirelessly.
I have found you can only have ONE active at a time, but it is quite easy to switch back and forth.
How do you connect WiFi to it through the phone hotspot?

Sponsored

eyeguy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
First turn on the hotspot your phone. Then on the device go to settings, Wi-Fi and connect to it. Pretty easy peasy.
Got it working, found out turning off Bluetooth on phone did the trick and then connecting phone hotspot, Hoping it will auto connect when I get back into truck. Thanks for the advice.

Do you know if leaving the box plugged in full time will be any sort of problem?

OP
OP
thunderbayterry

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Got it working, found out turning off Bluetooth on phone did the trick and then connecting phone hotspot, Hoping it will auto connect when I get back into truck. Thanks for the advice.

Do you know if leaving the box plugged in full time will be any sort of problem?
I leave mine plugged in full time and I haven't had problems yet. Put it in that spot beside the wireless charger and close the door over it so you don't even have to look at it. LOL

bub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Plat
I ordered one of these
https://www.carlinkit.com/ambient

We'll see how I like it. Got a road strip coming up.
It arrived. Initial impressions are possive. Video/Audio quality is good. Latency is "ok" maybe 1/3s or so on touch input.
Apps work. Its cool. I do wonder how much of my personal info is being shared with China with something like this. But that's the price you pay for it. I bet you its phoning home with my location, ip address, maybe even account creds i'm using - that's just my tinfoil hat theory anyways.

For other canadians interested:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CNPJCJHP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I got mine from the "carlinke" seller.

This one has better hardware specs than the OPs. For whatever that's worth. Its also a more known brand - hopefully that means better long term updates.
Sponsored