• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I received my VIN for Wave 1 Lightning!

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
I received a email from Ford today "Your Vehicle Is Scheduled For Production" . Build week is May 9, 2022. Vin# 1FT6W1EV7NWG034xx.
Same here. Just got my email, even though my Vehicle has been scheduled for I feel like a month now, and my dealer called me 3 weeks ago with the vin.
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I got the same e-mail with VIN today, for a 5/23 production date. It's been on my order page for a month, or more. Not sure why Ford waits so long to send out the e-mail.
Ditto here. Told by my dealer a month ago! At least we know that we are still on schedule despite all the supply chain issues. This may also be a result of the email snafu from a few weeks ago.

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
Some of you guys with the latest email, may want to try and see if your Lightning window sticker is available online. It still might be a little too soon. The closer it is to your build date, the link should eventually work.

You just need your VIN# to complete the following link.

Cut and paste the whole link below in a new browser window and include your VIN at the end. Replace the "xxx" with your VIN number. Bookmark it if it doesn't work this time. You can try it again at later date.

www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=xxx

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
FYI... I pretty much tried all the complete VIN numbers found on the Lightning tracker on this site.

I haven't found one with a valid Window Sticker as of yet. Too soon...

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
FYI... I pretty much tried all the complete VIN numbers found on the Lightning tracker on this site.

I haven't found one with a valid Window Sticker as of yet. Too soon...
I've been skimming VINs from the car buying sites and most window stickers are generated 7-8 days before the blend date. I think I saw one that was available 2 weeks before the blend date, though.

I've found a few retail orders with blend dates as early as 3/15.

None of the post blend-date vehicles I've found has switched from "in production" to "built" on the order status page. They're probably still waiting for an OK to buy.

I think it took over a month for the Mach-E to get OK to buy, so we may still be waiting a while for the first deliveries.

Sponsored

danofcolo

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
retired
Some of you guys with the latest email, may want to try and see if your Lightning window sticker is available online. It still might be a little too soon. The closer it is to your build date, the link should eventually work.

You just need your VIN# to complete the following link.

Cut and paste the whole link below in a new browser window and include your VIN at the end. Replace the "xxx" with your VIN number. Bookmark it if it doesn't work this time. You can try it again at later date.

www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=xxx
Not yet

webspoke

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning! F450, GT500
Window sticker is usually accessible 5-10 days out from the build date.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Did you ever give your dealer a call to find out about the color change? I’m in the same boat. Iced blue silver and would like to change it. 5/23 date. I’m not sure if I was put in as preferred, or I got in with my early reservation. Crossing my fingers. I’ll call the GM tomorrow and find out.
For those w/ Production Dates, is it too late to make a change to the order?

I've got a 5/30 date but now wondering if it's worth debating a different color (Iced blue silver on order).
Just got back from my dealer and the GM made the switch for me from Iced Blue Silver to Carbonized Grey (build week 5/23). I did get a look at an Escape in Iced Blue silver in a different light and on the move, it's an absolutely great looking color. If I could have not changed color at this point, I would have been completely happy. But, I just know that I will be a little happier with my Carbonized Gray now. If anyone wants to switch to a really nice dealership in Northern Nevada, with no ADM and great customer service, try Capital Ford! They are a great dealership to work with. I bought my Bronco there and had excellent service.

Reactions: GDN

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Same here! Got my email 5/2 week build!

Are you April guys getting excited or what?

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just got back from my dealer and the GM made the switch for me from Iced Blue Silver to Carbonized Grey (build week 5/23). I did get a look at an Escape in Iced Blue silver in a different light and on the move, it's an absolutely great looking color. If I could have not changed color at this point, I would have been completely happy. But, I just know that I will be a little happier with my Carbonized Gray now. If anyone wants to switch to a really nice dealership in Northern Nevada, with no ADM and great customer service, try Capital Ford! They are a great dealership to work with. I bought my Bronco there and had excellent service.
This is good to hear and interesting. I truly thought once you got a build date you were locked 100% on options. However, since you were in and changed, did you happen to ask if the late availability Power Running Boards have a date yet? Or still just noted as Late Availability? I'm sure it doesn't really matter, but I truly wish I could add those, I'm not taking a delay because of them though.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Just got back from my dealer and the GM made the switch for me from Iced Blue Silver to Carbonized Grey (build week 5/23)
I emailed my dealer (got rejected) and called just in case someone was better to ask and they denied me.. saying once it's in production you cannot change the color.

I don't care too much to try to escalate it to the GM. But, I would also switch to Carbonized Grey... I chose the Iced blue silver because I wanted a light color but for it it not look like a standard "work" truck (silver or white).

I think it looks good in everything I see it for the F150L, but for some reason I really hate it when it's on the Mach-e (which makes me want to switch for some reason).

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Same here! Got my email 5/2 week build!

Are you April guys getting excited or what?
I'm not going to get excited until the initial builds get an OK to buy. Hopefully will happen soon, but things could drag on for a while.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
This is good to hear and interesting. I truly thought once you got a build date you were locked 100% on options. However, since you were in and changed, did you happen to ask if the late availability Power Running Boards have a date yet? Or still just noted as Late Availability? I'm sure it doesn't really matter, but I truly wish I could add those, I'm not taking a delay because of them though.
I did not ask that question about the running boards. I really thought they were going to say no, due to what I have heard about vin and build date assigned no changes. They told me that paint change has never been rejected in their history. He made the change quickly and had me sign new paperwork and said it had to be accepted by Ford, and he would check up with me next week. When I got home, later last night I got the build update change to the color I wanted from Ford.

Ford F-150 Lightning I received my VIN for Wave 1 Lightning! 48F501C1-48CF-4FAA-B460-31794ABA90FE

Ford F-150 Lightning I received my VIN for Wave 1 Lightning! 7A90C566-1F74-4875-AEAB-6C2E47BE16F0
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: GDN