• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ICED BLUE SILVER F-150 Lightning Photos & Club

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I SAT in the PRO and absolutely was amazed and in love with the 'pleather' gray vinyl seats - they were comfortable, and certainly NOT the typical vinyl seats you might fear, or worse, compare to 'bus' seating.... not hardly! Most of the reviews I've seen, even from the likes of KyleConner OutOfSpec and others raved over their 'real' feel and comfort. I have NO issues whatsoever with vinyl seating - I PREFER it over cloth.
Sponsored

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
It has the premium wheels though. Not sure what else distinguishes them apart. Is the rear window part of the $9000 XLT premium package? This one did not have that.

GreenLady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Maverick
I SAT in the PRO and absolutely was amazed and in love with the 'pleather' gray vinyl seats - they were comfortable, and certainly NOT the typical vinyl seats you might fear, or worse, compare to 'bus' seating.... not hardly! Most of the reviews I've seen, even from the likes of KyleConner OutOfSpec and others raved over their 'real' feel and comfort. I have NO issues whatsoever with vinyl seating - I PREFER it over cloth.
Thank you, I was concerned about the seats in the PRO.

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
It has the premium wheels though. Not sure what else distinguishes them apart. Is the rear window part of the $9000 XLT premium package? This one did not have that.
I made a mistake. In looking at the order guide, I should have remembered that the sliding rear glass was not included on the XLT High (even though the Build and Price had shown it in the graphic). BTW, the graphic has now been fixed.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Ford F-150 Lightning ICED BLUE SILVER F-150 Lightning Photos & Club Image 5-16-22 at 5.19 PM

I was thinking iced blue silver metallic resembled Robocop blue. After seeing a Mach-e in the same color I think a better color marketing name for Ford is Liquid Metal Blue since it chameleons between silver and blue depending upon the lighting.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Image 5-16-22 at 5.19 PM.jpg

I was thinking iced blue silver metallic resembled Robocop blue. After seeing a Mach-e in the same color I think a better color marketing name for Ford is Liquid Metal Blue since it chameleons between silver and blue depending upon the lighting.
Sorry! I think Elon already bought Robocop and made him a stainless steel suit for his Cyber Truck.

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Similar to the antimatter blue, IBSM is also one of those chameleon colors that changes in the light and some might find that disconcerting but I finally decided whether it's silver or light blue (or both depending upon the angle of the sun) I'm happy with both. On the Mach-e the iced blue looked fantastic, kind of a blue hue liquid metal might be a better name.

If any one needs to see some pictures of all three taken at the same dealer the same day let me know. My understanding from my no-markup dealer is that you can change colors no problem until you get your build date. He said he can also usually change up to a week after that. My wave 6 Platinum order was done on the web but the dealer had to "accept" it. No build date for Wave 6 yet but the Ford order form said mid-summer so we'll see! Dealer said July build and delivery late July/Aug but it all seems optimistic.
Agree - IBSM is a unique color to the F150 colors and it's a chameleon for sure - looks silvery light in bright sunlight, looks darker in dimming light, and then looks bright blue on the trail.

This color matches closely with my first ever truck I owned in college: 1985 Toyota 4x4 truck with manual front locking hubs....

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Agree - IBSM is a unique color to the F150 colors and it's a chameleon for sure - looks silvery light in bright sunlight, looks darker in dimming light, and then looks bright blue on the trail.

This color matches closely with my first ever truck I owned in college: 1985 Toyota 4x4 truck with manual front locking hubs....
I am hoping some blue graphics (matching the blue highlights on the badge) will accentuate the blue and keep it on that end of the spectrum more often - will have to see how it goes.

Sponsored