• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ICED BLUE SILVER F-150 Lightning Photos & Club

kenfaber62

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford f150 STX
Occupation
retired
Too much silver, not enough blue. Mich disappoint, very sad. :confused:
Funny, I was thinking the opposite. I hope you are right, but I'm sorry you are sad and disappointed.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Funny, I was thinking the opposite. I hope you are right, but I'm sorry you are sad and disappointed.
Actually revised my opinion after seeing it in person and ended up ordering it. Still wish it had more blue though.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Actually revised my opinion after seeing it in person and ended up ordering it. Still wish it had more blue though.
Iced Blue looks amazing in person!

Everyone that sees it asks what color name it is because it catches them off guard.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
You can really tell the difference between iconic and iced blue in this tweet:

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Iced Blue looks amazing in person!

Everyone that sees it asks what color name it is because it catches them off guard.
Yeah, it is not only amazing, but also unique. There are plenty of F150 with other colors on the roads. So I don't really understand why those folks would change the color.

If you feel too many iced blue F150's, think again how many Lightning on road by the end of the year.

Sponsored

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm one of those people who loves any color as long as it's blue. I had a hard time deciding on one of the blue colors. Finally found all three in one dealer 100 miles away that I visited. The iced blue I saw was a 2022 Mach-e. My concern was whether the Iced blue was blue enough. One understated advantage of this iced blue silver metallic vs the Atlas Blue and Antimatter Blue and a factor in finally picking the color is that when the car is very dirty, as it is in the picture posted above, it does not show the dirt as much as Atlas Blue or Antimatter blue by a large margin. Living in the Northeast I don't have the desire to be cleaning it all the time. Also AMB looked black much of the day unless close and bright day. Atlas Blue was a second choice but at my age I wanted something a bit less look at me. Finally the bar lights seem a better match with iced blue color than the AMB and Atlas blue. At night iced blue will be a much more visible car as the others look black.

Similar to the antimatter blue, IBSM is also one of those chameleon colors that changes in the light and some might find that disconcerting but I finally decided whether it's silver or light blue (or both depending upon the angle of the sun) I'm happy with both. On the Mach-e the iced blue looked fantastic, kind of a blue hue liquid metal might be a better name.

If any one needs to see some pictures of all three taken at the same dealer the same day let me know. My understanding from my no-markup dealer is that you can change colors no problem until you get your build date. He said he can also usually change up to a week after that. My wave 6 Platinum order was done on the web but the dealer had to "accept" it. No build date for Wave 6 yet but the Ford order form said mid-summer so we'll see! Dealer said July build and delivery late July/Aug but it all seems optimistic.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Iced Blue Silver by itself.

iced-blue-silver-lightning-f150-closeup-jpg.jpg
Iced Blue is such a funny color. In the side shot iced blue looks washed out and I prefer the Iconic, but in the front shot, the iced blue pops and looks much better. Then the shot by itself - I can't see any blue at all!

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige