• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

If the minimum for a Ford Fleet order is 5 vehicles, has anyone tried to organize a group buy on the Pro ER model?

MostlySafeBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Eventually) an F-150 Lightning
Since the Pro trim model with the extended range battery (which Car & Driver says rings in at $51,769 before extras) is otherwise unavailable to retail customers, has anyone considered actually setting up some kind of group buy?

I'm sure there's got to be a legal way to protect everyone, maybe with an escrow agreement.

I would be very interested in ordering one.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40166846/ford-f150-lightning-pro-extended-range-cant-buy/
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Since the Pro trim model with the extended range battery (which Car & Driver says rings in at $51,769 before extras) is otherwise unavailable to retail customers, has anyone considered actually setting up some kind of group buy?

I'm sure there's got to be a legal way to protect everyone, maybe with an escrow agreement.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40166846/ford-f150-lightning-pro-extended-range-cant-buy/
My understanding is that you have to have a Ford fleet number in order to be eligible. Creating a group purchase, while an interesting work around for the restriction would not work unless one member of the group had a fleet number. That said, it is my understanding that the vehicles would need to be titled in the name of the fleet number holder - which would then make the truck a used vehicle and not subject to the tax credit. Finally, there would also be a question as to whether there is a minimum holding period for fleet buyers.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Then take into account the tax implications for the person with the registered fleet number. Plus local laws concerning the licensing of car dealers.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
My understanding is that you have to have a Ford fleet number in order to be eligible. Creating a group purchase, while an interesting work around for the restriction would not work unless one member of the group had a fleet number. That said, it is my understanding that the vehicles would need to be titled in the name of the fleet number holder - which would then make the truck a used vehicle and not subject to the tax credit. Finally, there would also be a question as to whether there is a minimum holding period for fleet buyers.
Tax credit will almost certainly be gone before Pro ER deliveries if ordered at this point. If someone is eligible to fleet order and can make this happen, I’d be in. Excited for my Lariat ER, but would trade it in for a Pro ER in a heartbeat.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

There's restrictions to keep you from doing so.

1. You need to apply for a FIN. Hint, they ask for your business license.
2. When you apply for a FIN, they ask what type of customer you are. There are ways to be a Fleet Customer w/o needing to buy 5.
3. There are different restrictions depending on the type of customer you are. This includes in various combinations, minimum ownership timeframes, mileage requirements, etc.

Looked heavily into this as I have access to 1 & 2. 3 Eliminated it for me as it required the vehicle be registered to the business based on our FIN, which meant titling, which excluded it from tax benefits, which made insurance difficult.

The only way it made sense was if we could figure out a way to (for our situation) do a private lease back out to avoid some of that. But I still wouldn't own the car, the business would have to report it as income and all said and done...just buy a XLT ER or a Pro SR.
Sponsored