• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IOS17 Beta and the Lightning

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Whenever Apple releases a new major beta milestone of IOS, many sites remind people to not install the beta on mission critical hardware like your personal phone. This is consistently sage advice. With that in mind, I know many of us are "early adopters" that might not mind gnashing their teeth on major bugs to try the newest thing.

So word of specific warning with IOS17 Developer release 1, at least for me PAAK has become unreliable and I'm having major issues with "app projection" where wireless carplay also does not work. It appears that wireless carplay even caused the infotainment system to fully crash and reboot while driving.

So moral of the story always is, wait until the golden master of IOS updates unless you are ok with dealing with issues that you didn't have the day before.
Sponsored

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Thanks for the tip! I thought about the install last night but decided not to as I’m On Duty which is 200miles from home (and a back up key) and only have my PAAK. Disaster averted!

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I installed ios 17 last night and its working fine with the lightning

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I do not need iOS17 beta to Jack up FordPass connectivity….that feature is built right in for me on my iPhone 11. 😈

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
I installed ios 17 last night and its working fine with the lightning
How can I get IOS 17? iOS 16.5 is killing my functionality on my phone. FaceID no longer works, my security cameras no longer are accessible, and my connectivity to Verizon at work was zero the next morning after the update. Apply support found no issues when running dgx.

Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
How can I get IOS 17? iOS 16.5 is killing my functionality on my phone. FaceID no longer works, my security cameras no longer are accessible, and my connectivity to Verizon at work was zero the next morning after the update. Apply support found no issues when running dgx.
you're better off clean wiping your phone and restore from backup.

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Was able to fix my PAAK issues by deleting and reissuing my phone a key . No luck on wireless CarPlay yet .

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
What I have to do sometimes to connect to carplay is on my Iphone go to Settings / General / Carplay / turn off Carplay to the F150 & turn it back on. Carplay with immediately pop up in the Lightning.

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I've had no issues at all with wireless CarPlay or PAAK with iOS17 on my 14 Pro Max.
Sponsored