• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I just picked up a month old "used" XLT tonight. How do we secure one of these?
I think it would be this:
Get the FordPass app. Add the XLT to FordPass. Go to Account - Connected Services and register for Blue Oval network (requires credit card). Then hopefully you see a new offer under Connected Services for the free adapter.

You should also be able to do all of this on the web under your Ford Account (add vehicle, enable Blue Oval, add CC to wallet, etc.). That's how I ordered the free adapter.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT SR Avalanche
I think it would be this:
Get the FordPass app. Add the XLT to FordPass. Go to Account - Connected Services and register for Blue Oval network (requires credit card). Then hopefully you see a new offer under Connected Services for the free adapter.

You should also be able to do all of this on the web under your Ford Account (add vehicle, enable Blue Oval, add CC to wallet, etc.). That's how I ordered the free adapter.
Yep figured it out! Thank you

Jersey Devil

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 XL
Occupation
Truck Driver
Saw this posted on the Macheforum side..

This is a nice touch -- words from Ford CEO Jim Farley inside the packaging for the NACS Adapter.

ghibx7_weaeyegh-jpeg.jpg

ghibx7rwmaaith9-jpeg.jpg
GIFT???

Sponsored

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
Where's the "gift" for my FFE?

If buying an MME or Lightning is being "ahead of the curve", then buying an FFE must have been downright clairvoyant. ๐Ÿ˜‰

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Where's the "gift" for my FFE?

If buying an MME or Lightning is being "ahead of the curve", then buying an FFE must have been downright clairvoyant. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Not clairvoyant enough to see that Ford was going to abandon you. It's weird how Ford kind of just doesn't acknowledge they had EV efforts before the MME.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
Not clairvoyant enough to see that Ford was going to abandon you. It's weird how Ford kind of just doesn't acknowledge they had EV efforts before the MME.
Very true. It's been two years since I lost Value Charging and Go Times on my FFE when it's modem was upgraded to 4G and the TCU got buggy code. The bug(s) were fixed by Nov 2022, but it wasn't sent OTA, and a dealership said I would have to pay to get the fix.

Yup, my clairvoyance didn't include how Ford treats its customers a few years after their purchase - something others might take heed of.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Very nice!

Does it say on the back there will be an upgrade to a bigger capacity battery and 800 V architecture for minimal net cost after the existing battery is resold to a grid energy storage project? If so, the Lightnings will start flying off the lots!
Sponsored