• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just got production date

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
The Autumn 2023 quote looks like it may have been to push some wanting the truck ASAP to spend more on another trim.
I still believe they will be scheduling Pros all year but if the last Pro will be scheduled for Oct 2023, they had to set expectations for Autumn 2023. The lucky ones will get theirs sooner - some much sooner.
Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
So if I have a 2022 wave 4 order placed on 2/17/22 that was pushed to MY23 for a Lariat ER Tow Tech 511a, and I have completed the scale and smart hitch delete, and my build is now "unscheduled-clean", with my priority code moving to 01, would you say I have a good chance getting the truck before the new year. Note I did not get scheduled yesterday but my dealer had emailed me saying my priority code went from 99 to 10 to 01.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I still believe they will be scheduling Pros all year but if the last Pro will be scheduled for Oct 2023, they had to set expectations for Autumn 2023. The lucky ones will get theirs sooner - some much sooner.
I understand what you are saying, but with that logic every XLT, Lariat, and Platinum needs to be finished by the end of this year since those said Autumn 2022, not Autumn 2023.

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Geek
I understand what you are saying, but with that logic every XLT, Lariat, and Platinum needs to be finished by the end of this year since those said Autumn 2022, not Autumn 2023.
Yeah, if you ordered those in wave 1. I believe XLT showed spring 2023 in wave 3, right?

We're all guessing here, but obviously some MY23 Pros have already been scheduled so the theory that 0 would be build before fall 2023 has been debunked.

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
So if I have a 2022 wave 4 order placed on 2/17/22 that was pushed to MY23 for a Lariat ER Tow Tech 511a, and I have completed the scale and smart hitch delete, and my build is now "unscheduled-clean", with my priority code moving to 01, would you say I have a good chance getting the truck before the new year. Note I did not get scheduled yesterday but my dealer had emailed me saying my priority code went from 99 to 10 to 01.
I hope so for your sake as well as mine. Not really seeing how the orders that were converted are being prioritized for scheduling like our email said. Very irritating for someone who ordered in January.

Sponsored

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The Autumn 2023 quote looks like it may have been to push some wanting the truck ASAP to spend more on another trim.
Sound like a valid point, and I hope you’re right.

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
What are the "scales"?

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What are the "scales"?
Onboard scales that came with the 511a package. Ford is unable to provide them, so any order made with that and the smart hitch on their build sheet has to call the dealer and have them removed for your order to progress. I suspect this is the reason my MY22 order has been delayed and eventually pushed to MY23. After consulting my dealer, he removed the 2 items and a line appeared on my build sheet "Onboard scales and Smart Hitch Removal" with a $650 rebate off of the MSRP. After the removal, I immediately received a text and email from Ford confirming my 2023 Order. Since, I haven't received a build date but have had my priority code switch to 01. Without this removal you will have a "Compatibility Issue". The goal is to have your order as "Unscheduled-Clean".

Last edited:

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
Onboard scales that came with the 511a package. Ford is unable to provide them, so any order made with that and the smart hitch on their build sheet has to call the dealer and have them removed for your order to progress. I suspect this is the reason my MY22 order has been delayed and eventually pushed to MY23. After consulting my dealer, he removed the 2 items and a line appeared on my build sheet "Onboard scales and Smart Hitch Removal" with a $650 rebate off of the MSRP. After the removal, I immediately received a text and email from Ford confirming my 2023 Order. Since, I haven't received a build date but have had my priority code switch to 01. Without this removal you will have a "Compatibility Issue". The goal is the have your order as "Unscheduled-Clean".
We had a schedule date of 9/12, now pushed to 10/10, 2022 lariat ER with max tow package. We have a vin number. Are you saying that we need to call our dealer and have him delete the scales and smart hitch or we will get pushed out to 23? How did you guys figure this out? Did the dealer call or was there a notification we didn’t receive?

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We had a schedule date of 9/12, now pushed to 10/10, 2022 lariat ER with max tow package. We have a vin number. Are you saying that we need to call our dealer and have him delete the scales and smart hitch or we will get pushed out to 23? How did you guys figure this out? Did the dealer call or was there a notification we didn’t receive?
If you have received a vin, I’m not sure how it works. Maybe @TaxmanHog can shed some light.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yeah, if you ordered those in wave 1. I believe XLT showed spring 2023 in wave 3, right?
When I ordered my Pro in MY23W1 the XLT said Autumn 2022.

I also remember XLTSR moving to Spring 23 for Wave 2 or 3.

I remember specifically because that timeline actually really tempted me. I placed my order within 5 minutes of that first screen where you pick your model. I decided that since I'd waited this long for a Pro...what's a little longer (especially since I knew I still had the price protection offer).

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Geek
Same here, Benny. I did give it some thought but I really wasn't interested in the additional stuff on the XLT so I'd be paying $12k for a chance at getting the truck sooner and that just sounded nuts.

Just think how good of a deal the Pro will be in almost a year with all the inflation between now and then

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
If you have received a vin, I’m not sure how it works. Maybe @TaxmanHog can shed some light.
I would expect that this particular scheduled build had the available commodities reserved for production, not the case for trucks who have yet to receive a VIN.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Probably screwed myself opting for the new Stone Gray color. Coming to terms that I will probably have the last MY23 scheduled/delivered, lol.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Probably screwed myself opting for the new Stone Gray color. Coming to terms that I will probably have the last MY23 scheduled/delivered, lol.
I hope you're wrong cause I ordered Stone Gray....Does it take extra chips to mix ?

I'm still sorting through the Smart Hitch/Scale dilemma . Ordered XLT SR 8/11 and dealer said they let you in for the Tow Tech so why not see what happens.... I thought they stripped it out when I ordered but it doesn't look like it....I don't even want it....just wanted the hitch and brake controller.....
Damn this event is so much of a pain in the ass to figure out...
Happy I have an order though....
Cheers
Sponsored