• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just got production date

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
So, I was in wave 2 (I think) of the delayed order reservations and placed my order on 8/30/22. I think I could have placed it a week earlier, but I didn't know it was open until I got the email and then it took me 5-ish days to make up my mind, but waiting hasn't seem to have caused much if any delay in my production.

-- 2023MY Lightning Lariat Extended Battery w/ Max Trailer Tow Package and no other options.

(I was told by my dealer that certain options like the spray-in-bedliner could significantly delay production so I didn't order it and there really aren't any other options for the Lariat trim that can't be bought later)

I just got a scheduled production date week of 10/17/22.

For reference, my original reservation was put in 5/19/21 which I think was the first day they were open.

I'm posting just in case this helps others in predicting where they are in the order process. I was a little concerned that my production date would slip into next year which would cause me to lose the tax rebate, but it's looking ok so far. I'm honestly a little surprised it's such an early date, but I was a day 1 reservation holder so maybe I just have a good queue position.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Grats! Did you get an email or just see it on the Ford site?

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Just checked my account too. I got scheduled for the same week, I was in the 1st wave deferred reservations for PRO, ordered 8/11, initially went for the pro but then asked dealer to change to the XLT after seeing the PRO estimate was Autumn 2023.

Sponsored

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Nothing on my 22 to 23 Lariat EXT

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Wave 4 ordered 2/17/22, Lariat ER pushed to 2023. Had the scales and smart hitch removed and now have a confirmed 2023 order with the new MSRP. Received this email from Ford today, and also see a tab on Fords websites allowing me to check order status.
Ford F-150 Lightning Just got production date 874EFA6E-400E-4579-8318-ED655327DF21

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealer just emailed me letting me know my priority code has changed to 01.

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Not a good look having orders from last month scheduled but not those from January that were forced to convert.

Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m hoping to receive a production date either today or maybe next wave of build dates

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If you have a production date, you should have a VIN. You need to go dig into the code behind the web page to find it. You should have a new code for 2023 year model, and you all will be the first to know if they were successful in moving to the Android OS for Sync.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Just checked my account too. I got scheduled for the same week, I was in the 1st wave deferred reservations for PRO, ordered 8/11, initially went for the pro but then asked dealer to change to the XLT after seeing the PRO estimate was Autumn 2023.
I think you are correct. I am first day but Pro order and don’t have a production date. do you mind sharing a screenshot of where you see production date?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Instructions for finding VIN are here, I didn't search any further for the original post, this is one version. You can do this with Safari or other browsers too, you just have to poke around a bit to find the options that may be named something different.

Edit - this is for finding your VIN after you know you have a production date. It won't find your production date.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...der-tracking-tool-i-created.10411/post-210090

Last edited:

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think you are correct. I am first day but Pro order and don’t have a production date. do you mind sharing a screenshot of where you see production date?
I believe this back door method only works for finding vin, not a production date
Sponsored