• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New F-150 XLT Lightning
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Well, I started with Ford in 98" with a 2 year old Ranger XLT 4 speed w/overdrive. I still have it. I love that truck just a lil less than I loved my 06" Taco 4x4 (was going to be my only brand new vehicle I bought) Until it got totaled in Nov. 2023. I had planed on eventually getting a Lightning, but was going to sell the 96" Ranger. So Now I have the Ranger that scoots (Speeds not so much) and my Lightning rocket ship. I'm not used to such amenities, and am tying to keep my miles low to have this truck for a very LONG time.
Yes, IMHO "FORD" knocked it out of the park with my 23" Lightning XLT SR.
Thank you FORD!
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
6th Ford I’ve owned, 3rd Truck. Better in every way than anything I’ve had in the past. Side benefit: at this moment I’m sitting in a dark house while the power company is replacing a transformer. My fridge and freezer are powered by the truck, as is my Internet and TV. The kids are entertained while on spring break and I’m able to make all my meetings while working from home.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I think Ford should sue Elon for stealing their idea!
Elon has nothing like this. If you are talking about CT, it's interior space use does not hold a candle to this Ford design. Just think carrying Big long boxes in the rain/cold and parking in shady neighborhoods. Nothing has enclosed usable space like that while being aerodynamic when not in use. CT has a larger cross section as well. Even Rivian is not coming close enough with their R3 rear hatch.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Appreciation 1710359365118-mi

If these rumors are correct about efficiency of R2, Ford Fastback/Wagon with R2 front seats would kick some serious booty on road trips.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Appreciation 1710359869551-s5

Last edited:

Hrudka

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Jeep Grand C
Occupation
Machinist
Count me in. I have over 10000 miles on my 2022 Lariat and still love it. Not a problem has popped up except for a few stubborn OTA updates. I look forward to driving it every day. I think Ford did an awesome job for their first EV truck, and it pains me to see all the negative feedback from people who expect WAY too much from this truck! No, it is NOT an F350 6.7 turbo-diesel>

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
We always rent a pickup truck when on vacation in Arizona, and most often it is an F150 ICE. The experience feels completely different, and the ICE vehicle is LOUD. Driving the Lightning is like driving in a library on wheels.
and you can hear music instead of road noise!

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
and you can hear music instead of road noise!
Funny thing. I had a squeak coming from my passenger side A pillar that took me quite a while to figure out where it was coming from. On an ICE vehicle, doubt I would have heard it. But in the ICE, every little noise is amplified. Even when some hopped up Honda Civic with loud exhaust is approaching, it is LOUD. As I said, it's like driving in a library.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I'm nearing my 70th and have owned too many vehicles to count. 20 years ago I had to get practicle and gave up the last of my 3 Corvettes. Not new to Ford but I've owned a Chevy Silverado and an Chevy Avalanche until the Lightning..... I gotta say it's more fun to drive than any of my three Vettes! Not only would it smoke all three of them, last week it powered my house for a day when the power went out. LOVE IT!!!!

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
Driving my 22 XLT SR is a luxury I never imagined back in 1981 when I bought my first pickup, a Toyota ½ ton rear wheel drive. I put over 300,000 miles on it the hard way — working every mile, hauling construction materials, tools, hvac equipment, appliances , etc. through all four seasons. It had a good heater and got 20 mpg. That’s it. All vinyl interior, cold as ice on winter mornings and hot in summer all day long. I rolled down the window if I wanted it cooler. With a crank.

I know Ford reads these posts and the number of questions and complaints revolving around luxury issues, while valid for an expensive vehicle, may lead them to forget many of us use these trucks as … trucks .. for work. And man do I appreciate the power, performance, comfort, reliability, and everything else a person could ever want every time I drive in it.

Ford, you knocked it out of the park on your first time at bat. Sure, you used the F-150 as a starting point (smart!) but the electric power systems JUST WORK!

I recently took a cross county drive and was far less apprehensive about range even with limited chargers our west here than I was 50 years ago driving my old Toyota all night in the days when gas stations weren’t open 24/7.

Therefore, while this forum is good for Ford to hear what works and what doesn’t I don’t want them to think we are all a bunch of weenies — keep this truck tough and reliable, and I will keep promoting them to my friends and coworkers as the best thing since sliced bread!

Oh, and we save over $800 a month plus all the ICE maintenance costs and that money is going into savings for my next one.
Amen. I love mine. I don’t expect miracles from any car manufacturer. Perfect isn’t possible. But my 2023 Lariat is a treat. I’ve had dozens of vehicles, maybe half of which were Fords and 40 percent were Toyotas or Lexus or Mazda. This Lightning is by far the best in terms of comfort, driving enjoyment, appearance, and general satisfaction. Well done. Now get us a front receiver hitch!!

Sponsored

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
4th truck I've owned (all manual trans as well :). Hands down the best. It's a truck that happens to be an EV and not an EV trying to be a truck. It's also sold the wife on a MME for her next vehicle as well. I will drive this 'till the wheels fall off.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New F-150 XLT Lightning
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Nothing more gratifying than giving my Lightning a good wash and wax today. Antimatter Blue looks so good. Getting all that salt and mud off was fantastic. Love this truck.
Yes, isn't it a beautiful color/paint job!

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
I'm somewhat embarrassed to say I only use my Lightning to drive to work and around town for errands. It is the first truck I have owned in 30 years, but it makes my 56 mile round trip to work something I almost look forward to every day. Haven't hauled any dirt, towed anything and only carried my bikes in the back (wish it had a 6" longer bed, but then it wouldn't fit in my garage). I know I can haul things if I need, and tow if I want, but for now it is a quiet, comfortable, and economical commuter. The longest trip was 400 miles round trip to Canada, but I don't worry about charging like many people use as an excuse that they wouldn't buy an EV. I tell my wife we are taking my truck when we go down to the store a mile away because it is more economical and ecological than starting the Lexus. So far a am really happy with the Lightning.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I love my Mall crawler.......

And as much as this stupid software frustrates me, I am having a hard time wanting to let it go, especially since it's not how I want it aesthetics wise.
Sponsored