• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Steven Walsh

First Name
Ateven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-159 Lightning SR 2022
Occupation
Architect
Driving my 22 XLT SR is a luxury I never imagined back in 1981 when I bought my first pickup, a Toyota ½ ton rear wheel drive. I put over 300,000 miles on it the hard way — working every mile, hauling construction materials, tools, hvac equipment, appliances , etc. through all four seasons. It had a good heater and got 20 mpg. That’s it. All vinyl interior, cold as ice on winter mornings and hot in summer all day long. I rolled down the window if I wanted it cooler. With a crank.

I know Ford reads these posts and the number of questions and complaints revolving around luxury issues, while valid for an expensive vehicle, may lead them to forget many of us use these trucks as … trucks .. for work. And man do I appreciate the power, performance, comfort, reliability, and everything else a person could ever want every time I drive in it.

Ford, you knocked it out of the park on your first time at bat. Sure, you used the F-150 as a starting point (smart!) but the electric power systems JUST WORK!

I recently took a cross county drive and was far less apprehensive about range even with limited chargers our west here than I was 50 years ago driving my old Toyota all night in the days when gas stations weren’t open 24/7.

Therefore, while this forum is good for Ford to hear what works and what doesn’t I don’t want them to think we are all a bunch of weenies — keep this truck tough and reliable, and I will keep promoting them to my friends and coworkers as the best thing since sliced bread!

Oh, and we save over $800 a month plus all the ICE maintenance costs and that money is going into savings for my next one.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I second that. Reliability is on top of my list and although others have had issues, so far (only 8K), mine has been rock solid. Most comfortable and quiet truck I have been in and best value in EV truck market.

ScottyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT
Hell Yeah! I am at 25,000KM. Though I am not overly hard on the truck I have three kids and we have done all sorts of activities. I also have a 22 XLT SR and we have road-tripped, towed boats, moved appliances, home renos, hauled gravel and dirt for mild landscaping, cruised down the odd logging road, and some epic camping with various electric amenities. The truck just works! Love the reliability. I still smile every time I get in it. So fun to drive. Oh and an absolute best in the snow!

Maybe I am naive but I want to drive this truck for another 10 years!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Love reading posts like this, it's a welcome break, I know there are plenty more satisfied customers.

Sponsored
First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting
Occupation
Military
This is the best truck I've ever had and the most luxurious vehicle. This thing is powerful and handles about as good as my Subaru. The nicest thing is that it has gone over any obstacle u gave encountered. I love this truck

I know it could be better but Ford dealer at Folsom lake has great customer service. I haven't had Fords in the past 15 years and now I am really considering sticking with the brand and getting my wife a Mach E

Antimater

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just to add to the list, I freaking love my '23 Lariat! Best vehicle I have ever driven and I am so stoked to own it! I used to dread most trips on Socal freeways, but now I can't wait for the next time I get to.

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Driving my 22 XLT SR is a luxury I never imagined back in 1981 when I bought my first pickup, a Toyota ½ ton rear wheel drive. I put over 300,000 miles on it the hard way — working every mile, hauling construction materials, tools, hvac equipment, appliances , etc. through all four seasons. It had a good heater and got 20 mpg. That’s it. All vinyl interior, cold as ice on winter mornings and hot in summer all day long. I rolled down the window if I wanted it cooler. With a crank.

I know Ford reads these posts and the number of questions and complaints revolving around luxury issues, while valid for an expensive vehicle, may lead them to forget many of us use these trucks as … trucks .. for work. And man do I appreciate the power, performance, comfort, reliability, and everything else a person could ever want every time I drive in it.

Ford, you knocked it out of the park on your first time at bat. Sure, you used the F-150 as a starting point (smart!) but the electric power systems JUST WORK!

I recently took a cross county drive and was far less apprehensive about range even with limited chargers our west here than I was 50 years ago driving my old Toyota all night in the days when gas stations weren’t open 24/7.

Therefore, while this forum is good for Ford to hear what works and what doesn’t I don’t want them to think we are all a bunch of weenies — keep this truck tough and reliable, and I will keep promoting them to my friends and coworkers as the best thing since sliced bread!

Oh, and we save over $800 a month plus all the ICE maintenance costs and that money is going into savings for my next one.

Ed Zachary !

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Best vehicle I have ever owned. Owned 3 Audi SUVs, and it is not even close.
2022 ER Lariat. Luxurious, quiet ride, fast, practical, love the large screen. Charge mostly at a solar-powered home. Don't miss stopping at gas station one bit.

Sponsored

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Best vehicle I have ever owned and can't imagine going back to ice. The Lightning is so quiet and comfortable that when I get in another vehicle I miss the Lghtning right away. I love my Lightning!!
We always rent a pickup truck when on vacation in Arizona, and most often it is an F150 ICE. The experience feels completely different, and the ICE vehicle is LOUD. Driving the Lightning is like driving in a library on wheels.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback

I forgot about gas stations not being open 24/7. And, even today when I was driving through rural portions of Virginia a couple of years ago, it took me a while to realize that even if the gas stations were closed, the pumps were not because everything was credit/debit card capable.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
While I cannot say that the Lightning is the best vehicle that I have ever owned (that goes to my Crystal White 2018 Volvo V90 R-Design wagon), I can say it is the best of the trucks/large SUVs that I have owned over the years. For a truck, it checks all of the boxes for a suburban user who does not tow. And while it is very comfortable and satisfying to drive, unfortunately, it is not quite as comfortable as my Volvo - which has front seats that are second to none in comfort and support for long drives.
Sponsored