• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Insurance cost / premium / quotes ???

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Anyone care to share estimated cost to insure the Ford Lightning (understanding higher trim levels may be higher cost to ensure)?
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
My insurance (USAA) has the lightning in for quotes, so I'm guessing most should now.

Based on replacing my CX5 . For me, it adds ~$40 more/month to the quote.

Cost is ~260/month for an egolf and Lightning.

My wife selects all the coverage, so by default the premium is higher than most.

Viper GTS

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 M3P, 2005 GX470
Occupation
God
If Model 3 is any indication it will likely vary massively by insurer.

Progressive doesn't seem to have it listed yet but for comparison I just quoted a Rivian R1T @ $528/6mo. Basically maxed out coverage 500k CSL and low deductibles. 2x late 30s drivers with high credit scores in NJ.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This is only a loose comparison, but I bought and insured a Mustang Mach e in 2021. Being an EV with a value or MSRP slightly above the MSRP of the Lightning XLT, it should provide a decent comparison.

$67/month.

Given how much more the poster above me pays for insurance, I suspect the responses, as well as the actual rates everyone ends up paying, will vary quite a bit.

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Lariat 145 - 2022 F150 Lariat 157
Occupation
worker bee
If Model 3 is any indication it will likely vary massively by insurer.

Progressive doesn't seem to have it listed yet but for comparison I just quoted a Rivian R1T @ $528/6mo. Basically maxed out coverage 500k CSL and low deductibles. 2x late 30s drivers with high credit scores in NJ.
I don't think it would be as difficult to get replacement panels and parts from Ford as it is Tesla. The rates for insurance should be much more reasonable.

olddogy

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 SC. 2019 Escape SEL
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone care to share estimated cost to insure the Ford Lightning (understanding higher trim levels may be higher cost to ensure)?
It would be most beneficial to list costs for collision and comprehensive only. Also, include your deductible. Do not include liability as we carry different levels. We want to know what it costs to insure the vehicle only.
Sponsored