• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning shipped back to the factory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I am not going to read this article because I experienced first hand why a vehicle gets sent back to the factory that has been thoroughly mentioned on 3 different forums, and this probably is the reason for 90% of them. Mine was sent back for Quality Control issues. Every vehicle goes through a QC when it comes off of the line, and when they identify issues it sits there until they are fixed. Once they are fixed, it will then get a checkmark in the built status and go into awaiting to be shipped. What happens on occasion is that the vehicle accidently gets picked up by someone sitting in the lot who doesn't realize that it still needs work. They load it up on a railcar accidently when it should have been. Ford then places a hold on the vehicle at the railyard until it has finally been shipped back, usually within a couple of weeks later. This is what happened to me, and now someone else in California that I talked to the other day.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
If it gets damaged in transit, will it also go back to MI ?

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I am not going to read this article because I experienced first hand why a vehicle gets sent back to the factory that has been thoroughly mentioned on 3 different forums, and this probably is the reason for 90% of them. Mine was sent back for Quality Control issues. Every vehicle goes through a QC when it comes off of the line, and when they identify issues it sits there until they are fixed. Once they are fixed, it will then get a checkmark in the built status and go into awaiting to be shipped. What happens on occasion is that the vehicle accidently gets picked up by someone sitting in the lot who doesn't realize that it still needs work. They load it up on a railcar accidently when it should have been. Ford then places a hold on the vehicle at the railyard until it has finally been shipped back, usually within a couple of weeks later. This is what happened to me, and now someone else in California that I talked to the other day.
Pretty sure they are quoting you specifically off this forum as their source in that article lol.

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
If it gets damaged in transit, will it also go back to MI ?
No, pioneer74 said earlier that a dealer will fix any damage in transport. If it is major structural damage they scrap the vehicle but things like bumpers and minor damage they repair.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
With the observations from Ron and StaffanG, I think we can nip this in the bud, thread closed...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.