• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning stopped communicating with Fordpass App

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Is yours a 2023? I have the same issue - I'm taking the battery terminal off every 2 days.
Yikes! Are you removing the green circled in this pic or do you have to remove the blue?

Also what does the yellow plug do?Maybe we can just unplug that?

Thanks!

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning stopped communicating with Fordpass App FC4AD048-DDE9-492C-B89B-7900807CE1EA
Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I remove the + terminal (under the red cap) on the right of your picture. (which is cut off).

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Yikes! Are you removing the green circled in this pic or do you have to remove the blue?

Also what does the yellow plug do?Maybe we can just unplug that?

Thanks!

FC4AD048-DDE9-492C-B89B-7900807CE1EA.jpeg
Green nut works for me. The device the yellow is plugged into is part of the BMS and lets the computer know about various things including current draw and battery voltage.

I do not believe it is ever recommend to disconnect the positive cable (red) before disconnecting the negative (black).

Edit: side note, always connect a charger to the nut circled in green or to a chassis ground so that the BMS can detect it. Connecting directly to the battery terminal will still charge the battery but the truck won't know you did it and might complain.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
Call your dealer, there is a TSB for this exact issue. Hopefully your dealership is more helpful than mine, they told to call customer service. Not sure how customer service is going to physically flash my modem firmware but what do i know, looking for a new service center now.
Thanks!
I called my local dealership and have an appointment. They know about the problem (lightnings and broncos 🙄) and told me a fix is now coming in June!! I was speechless, how random is this problem, maybe a forum poll is in order to determine? I mentioned regularly pulling fuse 32 and the modem reestablishing a connection for days now only hours. I asked if there was a TSB and only after checking said there was.

TSB 23-2050 Gateway Module.
(Previously mentioned in this thread.)

The Gateway Module is located at the OBD-II connector which does just what it’s called, it’s a Gateway to the vehicle's module network.

Last edited:

Frankis843

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Occupation
Ford Guy
My 22 is having a similar issue. It once again hasn't connected in over 24 hours.
This has been going on for a month or so now...

My OASIS continues to show:
TCU | U0146 : 09 : 08 Lost Communication With Serial Data Gateway 'A'

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
My last connection was Feb 10th. 2 trips to the dealer and still not working. Sad.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Green nut works for me. The device the yellow is plugged into is part of the BMS and lets the computer know about various things including current draw and battery voltage.

I do not believe it is ever recommend to disconnect the positive cable (red) before disconnecting the negative (black).

Edit: side note, always connect a charger to the nut circled in green or to a chassis ground so that the BMS can detect it. Connecting directly to the battery terminal will still charge the battery but the truck won't know you did it and might complain.
Agreed. It is safer and recommended. But you can use an insulated wrench and disconnect the positive terminal without removing the negative. The key is that if you are removing the positive terminal without touching the negative you need to make sure your wrench doesn't touch the chassis which can create a short. Either use an insulated wrench or pull the negative terminal.
Sponsored