• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass App Stopped Working

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Anyone else getting erroneous Ford Pass errors? Mine still connects to the truck, but sometimes when I open the app, it says the truck is in deep sleep due to low battery, or the app can't connect to the truck. Thing is, app is working fine, and I remember from my ranger it also sends you a deep sleep message to the account. Both times it was saying the App couldn't connect, it was connected, I was able to use all the features including PaaK without trouble. I think in my case the app is glitching a bit and reporting failures where they aren't any... At least, if it's in deep sleep it still remote starts just fine lol. I
Sponsored

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
Does anyone know if the fix in this TSB will eventually be a OTA update ? I am either taking off the negative or pulling fuse
32 once a week or sooner lately.
Same boat, very frustrating considering my other vehicle is a Tesla with a very stable app.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else getting erroneous Ford Pass errors?
I've been getting errors while trying to read messages on the notifications tile, this has been happening for the past 2-3 revisions, currently running 4.24.3

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
My unresponsive Lightning App woke up today after a weeks long nap 😴. No fuse pulling required this time, I just plugged it in to my Level 2 charger and it’s alive. (SOC before charging was 77% and last charge was 5 days ago). Curious if charging effects or reboots trucks modem? No OTA since 4.1.1

Naz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have the same issue and can confirm they said it was a known issue and I'm scheduled to go into the dealer tomorrow to have them apply that the fix in TSB23-2050. I'll provide an update after they complete the repair. They didn't have any info on an OTA update - had to go to dealer.

Pulling the 12v battery connector also works in the short term but quite a pain every 5-7 days.

Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I have the same issue and can confirm they said it was a known issue and I'm scheduled to go into the dealer tomorrow to have them apply that the fix in TSB23-2050. I'll provide an update after they complete the repair. They didn't have any info on an OTA update - had to go to dealer.

Pulling the 12v battery connector also works in the short term but quite a pain every 5-7 days.
please report with what software they need to update. I’m on 4.1.1 (12” screen). I’ve read on here that the tsb instructions aren’t super clear on what software actually needs to be installed by the service department.

Naz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
please report with what software they need to update. I’m on 4.1.1 (12” screen). I’ve read on here that the tsb instructions aren’t super clear on what software actually needs to be installed by the service department.
Will do - As for the version I recently updated to 4.1.2.1 and the issue still persists. This is for a 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
New Ford Pass Update for IPhone 4.24.0, it comes with 75th F150 Logo, hopefully that helps.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App Stopped Working B544688F-F798-4B28-B3E7-D6CEC5DB48ED

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
New Ford Pass Update for IPhone 4.24.0, it comes with 75th F150 Logo, hopefully that helps.

B544688F-F798-4B28-B3E7-D6CEC5DB48ED.jpeg
Yeah noticed that. Mine started working again after about a week of being down. Now if only I can get an update pushed to the truck

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot

B544688F-F798-4B28-B3E7-D6CEC5DB48ED.jpeg
I was hoping this would help, but app still frozen since Feb 14th.

Sponsored

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Having connection issues as well. Last time I disconnected the battery and that worked but I didn’t like having to manually close the frunk against some resistance. I’m sure it’s fine to do every once in a while but don’t want to do it once a week. I tried pulling fuse 32, it didn’t seem to do anything. I only had it out maybe 20 seconds or so, does it need to be taken out longer? Or maybe I took out the wrong one, it was a yellow fuse in slot 32 and I think it said 2 on the fuse itself?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Having connection issues as well. Last time I disconnected the battery and that worked but I didn’t like having to manually close the frunk against some resistance. I’m sure it’s fine to do every once in a while but don’t want to do it once a week. I tried pulling fuse 32, it didn’t seem to do anything. I only had it out maybe 20 seconds or so, does it need to be taken out longer? Or maybe I took out the wrong one, it was a yellow fuse in slot 32 and I think it said 2 on the fuse itself?
A couple of comments.
Fuse 32 is yellow. It should have “20” on it, not “2”. It’s a 20A fuse.

I would think 20 seconds would be enough, but one way to tell for sure is to follow the procedure to silence the seatbelt warning. If 32 is out long enough to reset the BCM, the seatbelt warning will come back.

The surest way to ensure that the fuse is out long enough is to drop it into the black hole in the floor beneath the fuse box! 😂 Ask me how I know!

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Does anyone know if the fix in this TSB will eventually be a OTA update ? I am either taking off the negative or pulling fuse
32 once a week or sooner lately.
No idea other than what they told me OTA update fix expected first half of February. I’m being required to pull fuse 32 every two days now to keep Ford pass working. Gotta love it.

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
Anyone else having issues today? I pulled fuse 32 worked for a second in the app now just continually circles tried installing app on iPad same thing our Mach E in the app works fine. Might try pulling the negative terminal on the 12v i’ve been doing that originally then switch to the fuse.
Sponsored