• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
As you can see, I was T-boned. It’s drivable still. What certifications should body shops have to do this repair? The first one said they may have to remove the battery pack first.
Suggestions on how to proceed?
😥

Ford F-150 Lightning Major damage to my new Lightning (T-bone collision)  - now what? 783CAF9A-CFBF-44D1-8E58-C03970586A08
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
783CAF9A-CFBF-44D1-8E58-C03970586A08.jpeg

As you can see, I was T-boned. It’s drivable still. What certifications should body shops have to do this repair? The first one said they may have to remove the battery pack first.
Suggestions on how to proceed?
😥
Oof - that is horrible!

My suggestion would be to stick with a Ford dealer body shop, that way they are holding the bag if something goes wrong and in theory they should know the truck the best.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Hope everyone is all right! Based on your damage I am guessing the other vehicle was towed and probably totaled out.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
What hit you that left the running board apparently untouched?
Untouched? I can see that it is delaminating in the middle...

I hope everyone is ok. I also hope for no structural damage. Too bad these trucks are in such short supply. Makes it interesting how an insurance company makes you whole after something like this with essentially no comparable replacement vehicles available. Not that it looks totaled, but when someone does get their truck totaled how do they actually replace it with an equivalent vehicle. Would the insurance have to pay the gently used price that is 10 percent over MSRP new?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

blpublic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT
If any YouTube channel or other media wants exclusive access to a story on probably one of the first (ugh) Lightnings with major damage, please DM me reply. I imagine this will draw a few clicks.

Sponsored

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Ya hate to see it. Especially in the color I just ordered, selfishly.

I'm glad everyone is alright. EVs are incredibly safe compared to their ICE counterparts so at least it did it's job from a safety standpoint.

I will echo what has been said already, find out what Ford Dealers are in Ford's newly forming EV network of certified dealers and take it there if it's local. If not, take it to Ford anyway and let them transport it to the one they trust to work in it. This is a new platform and it's best to take it directly to the source at least for now.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
If insurance totals it, make sure to show them fair market prices from auctions where people are paying premiums for these trucks. You should get more than MSRP
Because that is what it will take $$$$ to replace it.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Think I saw on tik tok you just use a plunger to pull the dent and then buff it out 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sorry to see this- hope everything works out for you

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Hope frame is not damaged and only the cab as that determines if the truck will be totalled...
Sponsored