• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Imagine if a body shop did fix it up and made it look new again, what would the value be? A used F150 Lariat ER Lightnings similar age and mileage is still going for over $90k
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
You’d be surprised. There are used trucks in Northern Virginia dealerships that have been on the lot since early September and mid August.

I think interest rate increases have cooled the market place.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Ford authorized repair shop can take care of the Aluminum repair and their skills are impressive. Make air it's a good one.
Did the side airbag go off?
If not, it maybe just lower rockers, pull up the plastic straight up and you'll see where the seam is. Front fender easy, doors, is n piller moved in at all? The drivers side bedside, and C pillar insert maybe if it's damaged.

My question to @Ford Motor Company would be, what wre the test results and impact energy to cause Battery damage and should the pack be replaced? Really too bad.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Sadly, I'm guessing that we'll soon hear about a few Lightnings that have been totaled by flooding in the Fort Myers area.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Sadly, I'm guessing that we'll soon hear about a few Lightnings that have been totaled by flooding in the Fort Myers area.
If only they were floating cybertrucks... On a more serious note. Let's hope the trucks all survive and that the people of Florida weather this storm and come out of it healthy (though there will be extensive property damage).

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Insurance companies are already required to provide you 'diminished value' reimbursement when a claim or total loss occurs - so you've then already 'recouped' any depreciation losses due to any 'perceived' loss of resale value.
The idea is that most buyers of used vehicles don't give the same value to one which has had previous damage repair as compared to one that has never had any - so you'll have recouped the 'lost value' possible YEARS before you even sale it, if you ever even do.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Let me clarify, used 2022 F-150 Lightnings. Sorry for the confusion with my use of up the term “truck.”

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
If only they were floating cybertrucks... On a more serious note. Let's hope the trucks all survive and that the people of Florida weather this storm and come out of it healthy (though there will be extensive property damage).
Clearwater area checking in. Lightning stayed safely in the garage. Feeling fortunate today that our area did not get hit like was originally predicted. concerned for those just south of us. Ft Myers got hit hard and had such little warning because the track changed at the last minute, shifting 100 miles south.

RVALightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Remember no matter how nice they seem to be the insurance company is looking out for their best interests not your own… even you insurance company. Laws are different by state and policies differ so make sure you understand both. And know that everything is negotiable.

My ICE car was totaled in Dec 2021 Virginia law is weird and most crashes are deemed both parties responsible (not important but I had to file a claim with my insurance company)

Their first offer was based on a few cars for sale but the used car market was really limited and it was hard to find comparable cars with the same features for sale in our city… so I found examples from nearby cities that were more comparable. Long story short they raised their offer by $3k and in the end I was paid $9k MORE than my purchase price from 2019 because my policy was replacement cost policy.

You should absolutely ask for market price not what you paid and as we all know that is well above MSRP.

Your truck is likely not totaled but it’s still a negotiation and what other folks said about diminished value should be a part of that as well

Sorry this happened to you but glad you are okay and wish you the best of luck

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
Yeah I havent seen any use lightnings sitting at dealers.

Sponsored

Ford Fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 IH Scout 800A
So I live in Iowa and we have a law requires any vehicle damage exceeding 50% the vehicles value requires the insurance company to total it. Recently a family member hit a deer and the insurance claimed the damage was only 48% of the value. After the 4th insurance approved repair shop refused to fix it the insurance company finally approved the total out. Fight for what's right and find a shop you can trust.
I too am in Iowa and have never heard of this being the Iowa law. Do you have the state statute you can share?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Insurance companies are already required to provide you 'diminished value' reimbursement when a claim or total loss occurs - so you've then already 'recouped' any depreciation losses due to any 'perceived' loss of resale value.
The idea is that most buyers of used vehicles don't give the same value to one which has had previous damage repair as compared to one that has never had any - so you'll have recouped the 'lost value' possible YEARS before you even sale it, if you ever even do.
This isn't necessarily true. Laws/rules about diminished value payment varies by state. In Texas they do not automatically pay it and it's not easy to get them to pay anything at all as they want you to prove the amount of loss.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer