• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My lightning charging station continuously clicks on/off

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
My truck has preferred charge settings to start charging at midnight (super off peek).
Today when I plugged it in, the charging station continuously cycles through some sort of communication with the truck. It only occurs when it is plugged into the truck. I've had the charging station for several weeks and this is new behavior.
See video
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Mine did that once a couple of months ago. All I did was not plug it in until my preferred charge time. It then charged normally and it never did it again.

But I honestly think it's something with the truck and not the charger. If you look at the charge lights next to the socket, they turn on and off too.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
How long has your FCSP been installed?

Have you shut it down at the 100 amp breaker and restarted it? This forces a firmware update, not sure it will impact this situation, as my FCSP does this periodically too.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
I also noticed the same thing but with the Ford Mobile Charger. If I set it up with preferred charging time to off peak hours, the mobile charger will continuously click and flash the red light indicator when it clicks. The interval is similar with FCSP shown in the video. I decided to unplug the mobile charger from the outlet, because that click and red flash sounds pretty harsh to the charger. I don't want to leave it clicking & flashing for a few hours while waiting until the charging starts during off peak.
Is this normal?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I don't want to leave it clicking & flashing for a few hours while waiting until the charging starts during off peak.
Is this normal?
The truck is talking to the EVSE's

I wonder if third party EVSE's behave in a similar fashion?
Sponsored