• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MY23 Chip Hold Waiting Room

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thought it might be a good idea for a thread for those of us stuck on chip holds to follow when we get all get released vs checking multiple build week threads.

Have any lariats/platinums that have been on chip holds from 10/24-11/07 been released yet or reached built status?

I included 10/17 but I believe most of them have reached built status. And 11/14 has significantly more lariats/platinums reaching built.
Sponsored

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I have an XLT that is also on hold, blend 11/2, still in production.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Lariat ER on hold 11/7 blend

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Here are some builds that I can monitor quietly in the background (VIN on the master table)

Trucks waiting for built status, only one XLT-SR over due!!
Ford F-150 Lightning MY23 Chip Hold Waiting Room 1669513318236

Lariats & Platinum's in various stages.
Ford F-150 Lightning MY23 Chip Hold Waiting Room 1669513365378

Updated reports to show modules have popped and tear tags are present, this means to me that they are on hold waiting for a materials or some special tweaks to be implemented on these builds.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I just moved to built status, hopefully others also converted.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I just moved to built status, hopefully others also converted.
Of the ones I am monitoring you're the only XLT, all the others still in production and overdue for built are Lariats & Platinum's :(

Oregonal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR, Bolt EUV
Occupation
Meh
Of the ones I am monitoring you're the only XLT, all the others still in production and overdue for built are Lariats & Platinum's :(
Indeed, me being one of them I have to admit I'm getting soured on the whole thing. I don't really need another truck, so taking the plunge post 12/31/22 seems less likely.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Very frustrating seeing builds with blend dates after mine reach Built status while I still wait on a microchip hold. I ask Ford chat about this a few minutes ago and they just put me to an automated survey, like they didn't want to answer the question. Would never recommend Ford to anyone after this going on for the passed year.

UFLightning

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Very frustrating seeing builds with blend dates after mine reach Built status while I still wait on a microchip hold. I ask Ford chat about this a few minutes ago and they just put me to an automated survey, like they didn't want to answer the question. Would never recommend Ford to anyone after this going on for the passed year.
That is what is frustrating me as well, it seems like once the truck makes it to whatever location they are storing them while on chip holds (Ramp 51?) Ford only finishes the build when it is convenient, not first in, first out.

Sponsored

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
and you know its not first in first out because ?

are all the chip holds the same chip. Is it a truck's chip fails in testing so is put on hold till they can get a replacement. They sure are not going to shut down the line to pull a chip to fix a truck that is off the line.

That is what is frustrating me as well, it seems like once the truck makes it to whatever location they are storing them while on chip holds (Ramp 51?) Ford only finishes the build when it is convenient, not first in, first out.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
and you know its not first in first out because ?

are all the chip holds the same chip. Is it a truck's chip fails in testing so is put on hold till they can get a replacement. They sure are not going to shut down the line to pull a chip to fix a truck that is off the line.
Based on the data of MY22 and various waves of production stalls due to commodity constraints (not necessarily a chip) I've seen a sequence of trucks stall then when the BUILT dates begin to post is not in build sequence, but pretty random, based on exactly how the trucks are parked in a holding coral, those in the back row of a column of trucks might not get touched as quickly as the ones parked closer to the front.

chopedogg

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I received a "Shipped" notification this morning from Ford...but my dealer sent me this and said that my ETA dates of 12/9 - 12/15 aren't accurate because the ETA Disposition shows "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold"...any idea if he is correct? Or is that old information and it has already made it past the Chip Hold?

Ford F-150 Lightning MY23 Chip Hold Waiting Room f150

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I received a "Shipped" notification this morning from Ford...but my dealer sent me this and said that my ETA dates of 12/9 - 12/15 aren't accurate because the ETA Disposition shows "Micro Chip At Plant On Hold"...any idea if he is correct? Or is that old information and it has already made it past the Chip Hold?

Ford F-150 Lightning MY23 Chip Hold Waiting Room 1669667264575
Though listed, it's now a past status, you're on a roll now!