• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Micro Chip Hold on current builds.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I've read over the passed couple weeks about orders being stagnant in the production process because of a microchip hold, and now that my order now has this issue, I cant help but to wonder if maybe action is required by me or my dealer.

Similar to this was the action required to take the onboard scales and smart hitch off of my order to help move it along. The reason I am thinking this is I am seeing other threads with later build and blend dates receive estimated shipping windows while mine is still TBD.

Anyone have any insight on this or am I being paranoid due to my past experience thus far.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately, there is nothing you or your dealer can do, it's in the hands of the factory as to getting partially built truck whole and listed as "built" & released to "awaiting shipping".

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
would you accept delivery of such an expensive ride with no mirror heater, steering wheel heater etc? I wouldn't. EV tech is moving so quick this first gen lightning will age like milk. at least get it the way you want it!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
would you accept delivery of such an expensive ride with no mirror heater, steering wheel heater etc? I wouldn't. EV tech is moving so quick this first gen lightning will age like milk. at least get it the way you want it!
I would. I never needed a mirror heater before, because I don't live in the frozen tundra festooned with moose droppings:). The heated steering is already being removed from all trims.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I sometimes forget. Everyone doesn't live in the great white north. I guess these features are pretty much useless in warmer climates.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
No way I would accept my Platinum without massage function. Didn't order a 23 Limited because of the items they took off. But each of us is different. I've got a May 22nd build Lightning and Scales and Steering wheel heat are still here. Im clueless on the scales and wouldn't be a deal breaker but we all have our "Deal breaker" Options I'm sure.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
No way I would accept my Platinum without massage function. Didn't order a 23 Limited because of the items they took off. But each of us is different. I've got a May 22nd build Lightning and Scales and Steering wheel heat are still here. Im clueless on the scales and wouldn't be a deal breaker but we all have our "Deal breaker" Options I'm sure.
I feel the same way about the on board scales. They are an expensive gimmick. My XLT has them and other than fiddling with them a couple of times. It would seem that Ford could have dropped them from the 2023 model all together and nobody would miss them.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
I sometimes forget. Everyone doesn't live in the great white north. I guess these features are pretty much useless in warmer climates.
Speak for yourself. I live in AZ and love my heated seats and steering wheel. And I grew up in Canada and Wyoming!

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
My lowly 23 Pro was deliveried last week with heated mirrors. No heated steering wheel but that was never an option.

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
If you've got that mindset, might as well get a Fisker Ocean!! Cruise control to be added later!!
Sponsored