• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Nav stopped working

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Tried to use the navigation today and the message from the nice lady is "sorry navigation system loading - try again later." I drove over an hour today and always had the same results. I also tried rebooting the sync system X2 and had the same error. Anyone else have this happen and have a resolution?
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: GDN

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I don't know if the Lightning is like my current pickup, but at times I have to turn off wifi on my phone to get the navigation to work. The pickup is trying to use my phones connection instead of the trucks.

JacksonHandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, previous GTI and F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5eco
My nav stopped working, screen wouldn’t load, then next drive started again. Weirdest thing is that if I use Waze on CarPlay, the truck nav stops and Vice versa. Makes no sense to me.

OP
OP
PACSMAN

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Update on this issue. Last night during the live stream I posted the issue with my nav. After several minutes they said a master reset should resolve it. It didn't. I spent some time having to reset everything the way I had it. I let them know it didn't resolve it and they suggested calling my dealer.

Today I was looking at the radar on the weather app and when I cancelled it out the nav screen was on. It worked perfectly. Shut the truck off, turned it back on and had the same issue. Went back to the weather app radar again and when I shut it off the nav was working again.

At least the issue is repeatable; I made an appointment with the dealer and I'll let them sort it out.

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Same issue. Been months since I reported it, and the Engineers never reached out to troubleshoot. I need to run it to the dealer, but I have been busy with life and unable to coordinate a time when the tech was available.

I can echo all of these findings to include resets. Nadda.

Sponsored

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
I have this issue sometimes, but I find that 'opening' the Nav from the center logo seems to 'fix' it every time. I suspect at least my case is related to the Nav disappearing from the cards sometimes.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Same issue. Been months since I reported it, and the Engineers never reached out to troubleshoot. I need to run it to the dealer, but I have been busy with life and unable to coordinate a time when the tech was available.

I can echo all of these findings to include resets. Nadda.
Good morning. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this navigation concern for you? Thank you!
Sponsored