• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New chargers at the dealer

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
We were coming home from some errands and drove by a local Ford dealer, 5 Star Ford Lewisville, TX.
@TexasGardeningGirl spotted these in the parking lot, so we dodged on in to check them out.
They are not yet active and still have the plastic on the screens, but there are 2 DCFC, that would output about 105 kW to the truck, or if both are in use, up to 90 kW each.
CCS only.
They also installed three AC charging posts with two handles apiece.
All of them are on the BLINK network 😞
and they all have credit card readers.
But they do say blue oval charge network.
It’s not yet active in my NAV system so I don’t know how much they are going to charge or if it will work with plug-in charge.
At least they’re starting to put them there, and you guessed it, they put them behind the gate, so they’re going to be limited to business hours and no Sundays in Texas, but it is next to I-35.

Ford F-150 Lightning New chargers at the dealer IMG_7350

Ford F-150 Lightning New chargers at the dealer IMG_7352

Ford F-150 Lightning New chargers at the dealer IMG_7351
Sponsored

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
Thanks for sharing, good to know.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I drove past today but didn't drive through the lot like I normally do. That part of their lot is typically full of new vehicles. I hope they plan to keep the spaces empty/available once active.

OP
OP
LUXMAN

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
I drove past today but didn't drive through the lot like I normally do. That part of their lot is typically full of new vehicles. I hope they plan to keep the spaces empty/available once active.
It’ll probably turn out just like all the Nissan dealers, where all the new cars are parked there all the time. And you have to beg them to move them. Currently since they are not active, they have Mach Es parked in front of the level two chargers. And new cars all on the other side only a couple spaces were not used.
I hope they can do better

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'll have to stop out 5 Star here on 190 by me. They'll be the same way though - gates at every entrance are closed on weekends. Bill Utter it just 8 miles up the road from Lewisville, I wonder if they are also on board and installing?

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Thanks for the update... I got my Lightning at 5 Star Ford - Carrollton back in October and at the time they were having work done for the level 2 chargers, my salesman told me they were having issues getting the DC chargers. Unfortunately, he mentioned they'd be behind the gate as well.

I've noticed that the new Van Hyundai Carrollton location looked to have a DC charger in the front of their building.

emmelj

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Tesla M3
I'll have to stop out 5 Star here on 190 by me. They'll be the same way though - gates at every entrance are closed on weekends. Bill Utter it just 8 miles up the road from Lewisville, I wonder if they are also on board and installing?
Was just at Bill Utter.....they have some installed. Didn't pay attention to them so couldn't tell you the specs on it.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Seems like they are finally starting to pop up at the dealers. I saw some going in at Sames outside of Bastrop. Swung by to check them out. Not active yet, but they are installed where they can be accessed after hours and they are outside the 'fence', so I don't think they will be parking any vehicles there to block them. In fact, they actually had a couple of lightnings and a mach-e sort of staged on display right on the other side of the fence from the chargers!

Sponsored
OP
OP
LUXMAN

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Was just at Bill Utter.....they have some installed. Didn't pay attention to them so couldn't tell you the specs on it.
Funny. I actually just went to Bill Utter this morning to find a part.
I found these in the parking lot.
They say on the screen 240 KW, per side. But I bet it will be 120 a side if 2 are charging
They are not active for customer use yet.
But they are NOT behind a gate and will be open for public use 24/7 And they are just off of I-35, near Denton TX.
Ford F-150 Lightning New chargers at the dealer IMG_7363
Ford F-150 Lightning New chargers at the dealer IMG_7360
Ford F-150 Lightning New chargers at the dealer IMG_7359
Ford F-150 Lightning New chargers at the dealer IMG_7361

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Funny. I actually just went to Bill Utter this morning to find a part.
I found these in the parking lot.
They say on the screen 240 KW, per side. But I bet it will be 120 a side if 2 are charging
They are not active for customer use yet.
But they are NOT behind a gate and will be open for public use 24/7 And they are just off of I-35, near Denton TX.
IMG_7363.jpeg
IMG_7360.jpeg
IMG_7359.jpeg
IMG_7361.jpeg
Huge props for them getting them out where the public can access them. They need some income from them to pay for the install. Definitely need to be accessible.

johnnyonetime

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I’m at Mullinax Ford New Smyrna Beach FL this morning to get the battery monitor sensor CSP done and noticed their new EV charging stations almost ready to go. I’m not familiar with EVConnect but they will have 24/7 access a couple of miles East of I-95 on SR44. Glad to see the effort put forth.

Ford F-150 Lightning New chargers at the dealer IMG_1275

Ford F-150 Lightning New chargers at the dealer IMG_1274

PDM1987

First Name
Presley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 - King Ranch, 2022 - Lightening Platinum
Occupation
Printer
Can confirm Bill Utter does have them as well. They are located on the Post Oak Dr side near Service. When I was there last week they weren't quite ready.

Reactions: GDN

Ravi

First Name
Ravi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Seen the freight boxes at my local stored indoors as of now in NJ
Sponsored