• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OEM Running Boards Delaminating

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yes I received the ones that Real Truck and the AMP Research said to get and they are the wrong ones and the bolts don't line up. I ordered a second set, but can't get them installed until next week. I don't want to tell you to get them until I am sure these will fit.
AMP is not recommending any of their models for the Lightning yet. I emailed them last week and this was their response:

"Thank you for contacting us. We have this project on the books but unfortunately, we do not have a firm release date as many factors play a part in getting the part to launch. Please keep checking back as we are constantly updating the website with new and future product releases. Have a nice day!"
Sponsored

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
For the back unfortunately an ABS module is dead middle of where the motor needs to go. So I flipped it upside down and to the left with only two bolts holding it. I might drill the frame down the road for a more permanent and appropriate install but itā€™s just electronic so Iā€™m not too worried about it. Iā€™ll test it when snow flies.
Could you post some pictures of your install undernether? I'm curious how it looks flipped before I attempt this myself.

Oddly, AMP does sell a Lightning specific running board now on their website "POWERSTEP XL RUNNING BOARD"
https://www.amp-research.com/powersteps/2022/ford/f-150-lightning

aquapools

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat and 2018 Ford Lariat
Occupation
Retired
AMP is not recommending any of their models for the Lightning yet. I emailed them last week and this was their response:

"Thank you for contacting us. We have this project on the books but unfortunately, we do not have a firm release date as many factors play a part in getting the part to launch. Please keep checking back as we are constantly updating the website with new and future product releases. Have a nice day!"
They told me the same thing, but I networked with two guys on the F150 FB forums that installed them. The first set I bought were the ones that Real Truck and AMP said would fit my truck and they are advertising something that does not fit.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
When I took delivery of my Lariat on 7/25, I noticed that the driverā€˜s side running board was starting to delaminate around the middle (sorry no pictures). When I brought the truck in today for some various due bill issues, the service advisor noticed that the passenger side was starting to do the same thing as well. We then went into the show room and looked at the mannequin and saw that it was starting to show the signs of delaminating, too. I am waiting to hear back as to what Ford is going to do to fix it.

Anyone else having this issue? And if so, what was/is the resolution?
Itā€™s happened to mine as well. Slight bubble on passenger side below B post. I plan to get it documented when I take it to the dealer to also fix the passenger door hinge that scrapes every time someone opens or closes the door. I had it there a few weeks ago and they put some lube on it, but it is obvious that the door hinge needs adjustment.

Hopefully lube isnā€™t the solution for the running board problems. This is my first Ford, but Iā€™ve had experience with other dealerships (VW) where lube was required every time I took the vehicle in for service šŸ˜©.

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Same issue noted on delivery day. Passenger side so far.
Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Running Boards Delaminating PXL_20220908_185640002

Sponsored

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, so my dealer asked Ford about this and they suggested that if the dealer compared it to another unit and found the other unit to be similar, then it is normal. My dealerā€™s mannequin has extensive delaminating on both the passenger and driverā€™s side. Of course they didnā€™t find this ā€œnormalā€. I told them to compare it to the unit attached to the driverā€™s side of my truck (which is currently still intact). This they did and submitted an order for a new running board for my passenger side. Of course, the part is on back order, so weā€™ll see how long it takes to get repaired.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Ok, so my dealer asked Ford about this and they suggested that if the dealer compared it to another unit and found the other unit to be similar, then it is normal. My dealerā€™s mannequin has extensive delaminating on both the passenger and driverā€™s side. Of course they didnā€™t find this ā€œnormalā€. I told them to compare it to the unit attached to the driverā€™s side of my truck (which is currently still intact). This they did and submitted an order for a new running board for my passenger side. Of course, the part is on back order, so weā€™ll see how long it takes to get repaired.
Pointed out my passengerā€™s side running board delaminating to my dealer back in Augustā€¦.still waiting on the replacement šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤ž

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Anyone seen this repair yet? Still waiting since August myself.

OP
OP
LSP

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron , Mazda Miata
Anyone seen this repair yet? Still waiting since August myself.
I am the one who started this thread. I just received replacement running boards from the dealer and they are not delaminating at this point. It did take a while because apparently they were on back order for a while.

Good luck to all on getting replacements!

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
The replacement for my passengerā€™s side was on order for 3 mosā€¦.they arrived 3 weeks agoā€¦scheduled for replacement just after the first of the year along with my charging port that occasionally errors out when DC fast chargingā€¦ā€¦..

Reactions: LSP

Sponsored

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dealer received the replacement running board about three weeks ago and I have an appointment in two days to have it installed. They are also going to look at the active air dam which keeps giving a fault and do the 10k routine maintenance. Hopefully the new running board holds up.

Reactions: LSP

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Just noticed my passenger side running board rubber top delaminating. Raising a bit in the center of the material.

saturnschildren

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat XR, 2008 Ridgeline, 1953 Unimog
I just noticed last week that mine are delaminating as well. Sure to get MUCH worse once winter starts and freezing water gets under there lifting them up more.

capt_ramius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 312A
I have a 2022 XLT, delivered August 2022, and noticed my passenger side running boards are starting to delaminate. Iā€™m at 25K miles and I ā€™ll show it to dealer when I go in this week for the battery CSPsā€¦ but dang these running boards are still an issue.

OP
OP
LSP

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron , Mazda Miata
I am the first poster on this thread. Mine were replaced a year and a half ago and have been fine since. This is a known defect going way back and yours should be replaced with no argument.
Sponsored