• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

On Board Scales reading 0lbs

iokua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER / 2002 F350
Took a weekend trip with the family this weekend. 2 adults, 3 kids, frunk about 75% full and bed full up to the bed rails. On board scales read 0lbs - anyone else have this issue? Green vertical bar appeared to be working. I also don’t appear to have the scale info in my Fordpass app as others have mentioned (even thought the ford site says it should be there).

Ford F-150 Lightning On Board Scales reading 0lbs 51800A9B-5CCF-42AA-8FD0-9C97776FA37C
Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Change the mode from vehicle and see what happens

OP
OP
iokua

iokua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tried that too; the horizontal scale seemed to be fluctuating a bit but still hovering around 0lbs. Didn’t get a pic of the ‘scale’ screen though when the truck was loaded. Here is what the two screens look like now, unloaded.

Ford F-150 Lightning On Board Scales reading 0lbs 86647A44-04E2-4FEB-BCD6-565DD3F09716

Ford F-150 Lightning On Board Scales reading 0lbs 0149B816-870D-4E51-B3F6-7170609E1789

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Took a weekend trip with the family this weekend. 2 adults, 3 kids, frunk about 75% full and bed full up to the bed rails. On board scales read 0lbs - anyone else have this issue? Green vertical bar appeared to be working. I also don’t appear to have the scale info in my Fordpass app as others have mentioned (even thought the ford site says it should be there).

51800A9B-5CCF-42AA-8FD0-9C97776FA37C.jpeg
Where are you reading zero pounds? On this shot I only see minimum (0 lb) and Max (1725 Ib). Are you saying on Scale mode, you saw zero when it was loaded?

can you reach the screen to reset of you are standing outside?

OP
OP
iokua

iokua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where are you reading zero pounds? On this shot I only see minimum (0 lb) and Max (1725 Ib). Are you saying on Scale mode, you saw zero when it was loaded?

can you reach the screen to reset of you are standing outside?
Yes, In scale mode it was reading pretty close to zero when it was loaded. It was moving left and right a very small amount but should have been quite a bit higher.
I will try resetting and loading up this week when I have time.

Sponsored

Marcoux

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning XLT
When using the horizontal scale, you need to reset it when empty, then fill it up and it should show you what has been added since the "reset".

I may be mistaken, but I don't turn off the vehicle nor leave the horizontal scale screen when I do this, since it has reset as some points in the past.

It's definitely not user friendly, but it does work.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
The onboard scale are great in theory but from everything I've seen they don't really work all that well.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
Tried that too; the horizontal scale seemed to be fluctuating a bit but still hovering around 0lbs. Didn’t get a pic of the ‘scale’ screen though when the truck was loaded. Here is what the two screens look like now, unloaded.

86647A44-04E2-4FEB-BCD6-565DD3F09716.jpeg

0149B816-870D-4E51-B3F6-7170609E1789.jpeg
Have you gotten the “Future” Power Up? It seems like mine told me the payload weight before the Power Up, but now the zero just moves up as I load it. I’m not sure if this is related to the Power Up but seemed to be about the same time that mine started to have a moving zero point.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there. This scale concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Hi there. This scale concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I loaded 30 bags of gravel @ 50 pounds each in the truck and when I got in the scales read 1725. No damned way is that right. 1710 pounds, maybe, but not 1725. Look into that. 😀

Sponsored
OP
OP
iokua

iokua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you gotten the “Future” Power Up? It seems like mine told me the payload weight before the Power Up, but now the zero just moves up as I load it. I’m not sure if this is related to the Power Up but seemed to be about the same time that mine started to have a moving zero point.
When using the horizontal scale, you need to reset it when empty, then fill it up and it should show you what has been added since the "reset".

I may be mistaken, but I don't turn off the vehicle nor leave the horizontal scale screen when I do this, since it has reset as some points in the past.

It's definitely not user friendly, but it does work.

Thanks; it appears my understanding of how the on board scales works was incorrect. The 'scales' screen only tells you how much weight has been added to the 'current' payload. That means if you load the truck with the truck off, it will register 0lbs when you turn the truck on and indicted weight only when weight is added.

I also haven't received a power up update since I took delivery so i'm not sure what version i'm on.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks; it appears my understanding of how the on board scales works was incorrect. The 'scales' screen only tells you how much weight has been added to the 'current' payload. That means if you load the truck with the truck off, it will register 0lbs when you turn the truck on and indicted weight only when weight is added.

I also haven't received a power up update since I took delivery so i'm not sure what version i'm on.
Good to know. After reading your original post, I thought mine was broken as well. WIll have to remember to leave the truck on then when we are loading into marble chips into it.

KniceHit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L
Came on here after playing with the scale a bit today. Does anybody's scale work in the Fordpass App? I tried without the truck on and with it on and the app just says "Not Connected". My phone is paired but it won't work with the truck for that feature. Any ideas?
Sponsored