• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Onboard scales/smart hitch removed on Lariat ER window sticker

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
What's even better is that while the scales and smart hitch are no longer on my window sticker, I don't show the $650 refund for the delete.

It appears that the stragglers are the ones with it missing...guess @Ford Motor Company just gave up trying to fix it and decided to send it out as is. Now if I could just get it as is (05/23 blend without a ship date) :(
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
What's even better is that while the scales and smart hitch are no longer on my window sticker, I don't show the $650 refund for the delete.

It appears that the stragglers are the ones with it missing...guess @Ford Motor Company just gave up trying to fix it and decided to send it out as is. Now if I could just get it as is (05/23 blend without a ship date) :(
My 7/27 blend and 8/8 build date Pro still shows the smart hitch and scales on my sticker. Maybe your sticker is wrong!

TOW TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE .ON-BOARD SCALES W/SMART HITCH .INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONT

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
All I know at this point is it was on my window sticker on 7/09/22 and not there on 7/30/22. As you can imagine, as a 5/23 blend, and a built 7/27, there were problems with my truck. I will have to wait until it is delivered to see if they are still there.

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord V6 EX-L 2015
I asked my dealer about this. They just told me it's a good chance I won't get my scales deleted since I got a production date before they came out with the guidance to cut the scales.

Not sure how accurate that is and will only trust that when I get my sticker.

Lariat ER, production date 9/19

OP
OP

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
I asked my dealer about this. They just told me it's a good chance I won't get my scales deleted since I got a production date before they came out with the guidance to cut the scales.

Good luck - mine is allegedly already built without them. Hopefully you have better luck!

Sponsored

EV Outdoors

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150. Ford Explorer

I have the same build week I hope they are right!

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Has anyone who ordered tow technology separately (or included in their model) had the scales and smart hitch removal? TaxmanHog indicated that only removals "are Lariat or Platinum for the 8/15 build week 2 were 510a who did not option Tow Tech".
(https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...at-er-window-sticker.11273/page-5#post-242926)
If they did not option the Tow Tech, then why a removal? And I thought Lariat 511A & Platinums would automatically have that option?

OP
OP

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
Has anyone who ordered tow technology separately (or included in their model) had the scales and smart hitch removal? TaxmanHog indicated that only removals "are Lariat or Platinum for the 8/15 build week 2 were 510a who did not option Tow Tech".
(https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...at-er-window-sticker.11273/page-5#post-242926)
If they did not option the Tow Tech, then why a removal? And I thought Lariat 511A & Platinums would automatically have that option?
I still don’t have my truck but the removal is still reflected on my window sticker.

Tdub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
7/25 blend, sticker came up last night:

ONBOARD SCALE/SMART HITCH RMVL
INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONT - 650.00

Gn8JiIu.png

Is anyone else seeing this? I emailed my dealer this morning and haven't heard back yet - hopefully they will have some insight.
I picked my Lariat up two weeks ago and the same thing on mine.
Sponsored