• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

511A builds - missing standard features (onboard scale smart hitch)

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
That confirms that my dealer is completely misinformed. I called sunrun right away gave them my vin number and they are working on it. I am hoping for the best.
thank you.

Update. It was shipped to my Prescott dealer on February 28. My Prescott dealer won't give it to me. This confirms my scam thoughts.
Is the vehicle being sold as new or used?
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Is the vehicle being sold as new or used?
To add to what @astricklin said, if the vehicle was sold as new, the FCSP belongs to you and the dealership has stolen it from you. If it was sold as used the dealership probably has a legal right to it but is being an asshole.

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lariat Lightning, 18 F250 Lariat Diesel
Occupation
hard worker
Yep, in this case the truck with 13 miles on it was sold as used. The topic of used came up late in the sales process and the dealer (Galpin Ford) insisted that the only difference from being new was the fact that the warrantee started about a month or so prior to my purchase date. Nothing else would be different. Lame experience, :( I will be doing all my service work in Phoenix 2 hours down the road rather than this sole Prescott ford dealer.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Yep, in this case the truck with 13 miles on it was sold as used. The topic of used came up late in the sales process and the dealer (Galpin Ford) insisted that the only difference from being new was the fact that the warrantee started about a month or so prior to my purchase date. Nothing else would be different. Lame experience, :( I will be doing all my service work in Phoenix 2 hours down the road rather than this sole Prescott ford dealer.
Unfortunately with a used vehicle, there's really no recourse. What it has with it is what it has with it. If this item was important to you, I would have made sure it was specifically included (inside the vehicle or confirmed to ship to you) before finalizing purchase, or found a truck that was still new. This is a good lesson to get in writing anything that is promised that is not on or in the vehicle at time of purchase. If you find a used lightning at CarMax or some other used car dealership, it's not going to have the charge station with it. It's not something I would expect any used vehicle to have, possibly the mobile charger, but again, I would verify if that is specifically included before purchasing.
It's pretty shitty that the dealer claimed it and has done who knows what with it (I'm guessing sold it or a dealer employee took it), but again, you are buying a used vehicle so it is what it is.
Personally, I would check with my state and then with my electricity provider for any incentives on evse installation. If you're looking for the charge station pro specifically for the backup option, then there are people selling them here and other places online they seem to go for around $800-$1000. Or there are other options on the market.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Yep, in this case the truck with 13 miles on it was sold as used. The topic of used came up late in the sales process...
I'm sorry, but the first thing you should have found out when buying any vehicle is the new/used status and any title history. Especially an EV because of tax credits.

Sponsored

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
hard worker
I'm sorry, but the first thing you should have found out when buying any vehicle is the new/used status and any title history. Especially an EV because of tax credits.
We did go over the details on this. Dealer advertised the 511A package. Dealer told me the only difference to me was that the warranty started a month or so prior to my purchase. None of this bothered me. I expected the dealer to honor the advertisement. This little one dealer town is under served by this this lame ford dealer.
Whats funny is that I have 600A service at my house and I have an empty 100A breaker ready for this charger. Oh well, I picked up a 48A Autel charger on Amazon for a third of the price. Sure would have been nice to have almost level 3 charging at home. I would be a walking biilboard for ford and this dealer, Instead I feel like I am going to be a prickly thorn.

Zacster

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Does anyone know what the *actual part* is that is missing for the Smart Scales? Is this something we could maybe source and add ourselves down the road at a later date?
Did anyone find out on this part and can it be installed ourselves?

Reactions: dww

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
To be clear the FCSP is listed as an item included in the 511A package. If you click on the 511a package link on the Ford website, and the FCSP was explicitly listed as one item included in the Package. You are buying used, so you won't qualify for the tax rebate and will have to fight for the FCSP. You should be able to find one pretty easily. I will be selling one in a few weeks, and I expect I will be seeking $500-600 for it. I would not recommend it unless you're wiring is set for a dedicated 100 amp line to the charge station. If you have that, then it's definitely worth getting the FCSP, as that will allow your truck to accept 19.7 KWh charge speed.

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
hard worker
To be clear the FCSP is listed as an item included in the 511A package. If you click on the 511a package link on the Ford website, and the FCSP was explicitly listed as one item included in the Package. You are buying used, so you won't qualify for the tax rebate and will have to fight for the FCSP. You should be able to find one pretty easily. I will be selling one in a few weeks, and I expect I will be seeking $500-600 for it. I would not recommend it unless you're wiring is set for a dedicated 100 amp line to the charge station. If you have that, then it's definitely worth getting the FCSP, as that will allow your truck to accept 19.7 KWh charge speed.
I got ford to do a buy back on this truck. Dealer had to accept it back. I purchased a new one from a dealer 60 mile away a week ago. With this one I get the FCSP. Ugly process but problem solved.
Sponsored