• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

One-pedal fault! Anyone else experienced this?

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
This weekend I received an error message on the instrument screen: "1 Pedal Drive Fault Press brake pedal to reduce speed". This happened immediately after start up, I hadn't even gotten out of the garage. Might have shifted the truck back from reverse to park, as I was loading the kids in the back, and determined I was missing a kid. Unfortunately I am not confident it that assessment. The truck is always set to use 1 pedal driving, so I am confident that was on. When the message was on the screen, the 1 pedal driving was clearly not working, as I just barely avoided damaging the mirror backing out of the garage (funny how quickly we adapt to new ways to do things, and compartmentalize certain characteristics to certain vehicles).

A wrench popped up on the screen as well, saying I needed to take it in for maintenance. Also received a notification within my Ford Pass app stating I needed to take it in for service. Here is what that looks like:
Ford F-150 Lightning One-pedal fault! Anyone else experienced this? malfunctio

I immediately restarted the truck and the 1 pedal message went away, and one-pedal driving started working again. The maintenance wrench remained however. Upon start up this morning, neither message nor the wrench is present and everything seems to be functioning normally.

Anyone experienced any of this?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I got that 1PD message on startup on my Mach-E twice in the 2-1/2 years I’ve had the car. Both times it was accurate (no 1PD) and it disappeared after the next start.
It looks like you have a bigger issue. The 1PD thing could just be a coincidence or a side effect of what your powertrain issue is. Time to see the dealer.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I had the same issue once. Turned off the truck and turned it back on and then I got some other message freak out (maybe the motors overheating? I can't remember). Shut it off again, waited a minute, turned it back on and it's been fine since

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
I received this very same message 3 weeks ago, and my truck has been at the dealer for the last 2 weeks. "Parts on order" is all I've heard from the SA's. Interestingly, I never use 1PD, but enabled it about a week before I got the error message when I enrolled in the Progressive insurance "snapshot" program to decrease the chances of getting dinged for a "hard brake."

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
At least you got a message. On 3 separate occasions now while backing out of my driveway I've had to panic switch a foot to the brake pedal as it just randomly decided to turn off. I know updates can mess with it but my truck hasn't updated in months (stuck in the middle of one, waiting for dealer to sort it out) and the last time i had been driving it not even 20 minutes before with 1PD working just fine.

Shiftyjew

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 ligntning
Occupation
Contractor
I'm on me second lightning. My 2022 model had many issues including one pedal drive malfunctions that allowed the vehicle to roll, screen issues, loose drivetrain with clunks, hood and tailgate malfunctions, and finally a defective battery that all lead to Ford buying back the truck. My new 2023 was supposed to be free of issues but within a month the one pedal drive fault happened and the drive stared slipping instead of stopping, the screen turns off freezes or restarts during driving, the tail gate doesn't work intermittently, and most recently the collision avoidance system malfunctioned on the freeway causing the truck to slam on the brakes and bring me to a screeching halt. Fortunately no one hit me. The dash showed a front camera fault and said the collision avoidance was no longer available. My dealer says there's no error codes and the system shows no signs of a malfunction. They say there's no one pedal drive fault (same as last truck) despite me having a picture of it on the dash. Has anyone else experienced issues like this? My dealer is trying to give me back the truck and I'm not having it. I started another buyback and hope to press Ford to expedite it this time. I spent a year on the 2022 before they agreed to take it back. I can't put my kids in this thing and don't feel its at all safe to drive.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
the collision avoidance system malfunctioned on the freeway causing the truck to slam on the brakes and bring me to a screeching halt. Fortunately no one hit me. The dash showed a front camera fault and said the collision avoidance was no longer available. My dealer says there's no error codes and the system shows no signs of a malfunction. They say there's no one pedal drive fault (same as last truck) despite me having a picture of it on the dash. Has anyone else experienced issues like this?
A couple members have experienced various degrees of this, usually attributed to errors on the blue cruise map or speed sign recognition and automatic speed adjustments, do either of these condition match your experiences, any stretches of road where it's repeatable??

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This weekend I received an error message on the instrument screen: "1 Pedal Drive Fault Press brake pedal to reduce speed". This happened immediately after start up, I hadn't even gotten out of the garage. Might have shifted the truck back from reverse to park, as I was loading the kids in the back, and determined I was missing a kid. Unfortunately I am not confident it that assessment. The truck is always set to use 1 pedal driving, so I am confident that was on. When the message was on the screen, the 1 pedal driving was clearly not working, as I just barely avoided damaging the mirror backing out of the garage (funny how quickly we adapt to new ways to do things, and compartmentalize certain characteristics to certain vehicles).

A wrench popped up on the screen as well, saying I needed to take it in for maintenance. Also received a notification within my Ford Pass app stating I needed to take it in for service. Here is what that looks like:
malfunction.png

I immediately restarted the truck and the 1 pedal message went away, and one-pedal driving started working again. The maintenance wrench remained however. Upon start up this morning, neither message nor the wrench is present and everything seems to be functioning normally.

Anyone experienced any of this?
Good morning! If you are still experiencing this concern, please send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, and I can look into your concerns on my end.
Sponsored