As an 2023 Pro owner, I agree with most of your points. The Lightning is super comfy and a great road tripper. I don’t think it’s fair to assume EA is the worst company. Without EA, most of your trips would not be possible. The network was reliable prior to the huge COVID uptick in BEV sales and ride sharing use. On a side note: Uber and Lyft need to provide charging hubs for their drivers, especially in high use areas. EA also had to accommodate a wide variety of vehicles from different manufacturers quickly.In fairness, I have a few frustrations with EV life, but none of them are the vehicle's fault. Electrify America is the worst company in the US, and it utter failure to do its single purpose - charge EVs - may yet jeopardize the transition to electric transportation. Unfortunately, because I do so much long distance traveling, I have to use its charging stations, which often do not work or supply power at trickle-level speeds. While other charging networks - particularly ChargePoint and EVgo - do better, and I am looking forward to being able to use Tesla Superchargers, I am depressed by the rising cost of DCFC charging on the road. Still, I am willing to pay it for the infinitely better EV driving experience.
I really think Ford needs to leverage the passion many of us have for our Lightnings in its marketing. Sure, there may be 15% of pick-up truck users that regularly tow big, heavy stuff a long distance; they need to get an ICE vehicle. But for the other 85%, the Ford F-150 Lightning is simply the best truck in the world.
DCFC needs to cost a lot more ($1/kWh?) to discourage its everyday use by people who could otherwise Level 2. A higher price could also pay for better maintenance and monitoring. DCFC needs to be the charging of last resort, to enable road tripping or an emergency quick recharge worth $100.Awesome accomplishment for sure. I do not deny it is possible to have SR and road trip and haul, but it is a level of planning and commitment most drivers don't want to deal with. Use case and driving area highly impact the usability of these trucks. Look at Supercharger locations in AL, TN, GA, and MS. All those around Atlanta too are an utter nightmare of bolt owners and Uber drivers.