• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Other ways to control zone lighting?

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Is there any other way to trigger the zone lighting? Doing the world's slowest tap dance on the Sync screen is a terrible user experience. I don't know how the programmers and engineers that made that thing aren't embarrassed to even come to work in the morning. I need to be able to just push a button and have the dang lights all come on. I hate that they turn off once exceeding 5mph as well. Not sure there's anything I can do about that either.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
They are accessible via the FordPass App. Not saying it’s any better software, but it is another place.

Ford F-150 Lightning Other ways to control zone lighting? 1713213280643-t
Ford F-150 Lightning Other ways to control zone lighting? 1713213315719-vr

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Oh I forgot to even mention that. Access through the FordPass app is even worse than the touchscreen!
If you are an iOS (apple) user it can be done from the Ford Pass Shortcuts which then provides a world of options to you.

There is a Discord channel that the developer has for all the shortcuts he's created that tap into Fordpass functionality.

https://discord.gg/ATMwRQzd

OP
OP
Runaway Tractor

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
If you are an iOS (apple) user it can be done from the Ford Pass Shortcuts which then provides a world of options to you.

There is a Discord channel that the developer has for all the shortcuts he's created that tap into Fordpass functionality.

Figures. All Android here. That would be cool. I don't like that turning on a lightbulb would have to go through the internet, but honestly would be better than the horrific Sync touchscreen.

Sponsored

MyRCode

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum

Thanks for the tip! I installed all the shortcuts.

HWT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I downloaded the Discord App but could not find any information on Ford Pass. Where do I find that on the app?

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
Have you tried using the buttons by the lighting controls? These don't cover all the zones, but they work really well for what I need.

The lower button turns on the running board lights and the bed lights, and the upper 2 buttons control the spot lights on the side view mirrors.

Ford F-150 Lightning Other ways to control zone lighting? lights

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Powerboost XLT; ‘23 Lariat ER ordered
Are the controls available in FordPass 5.0 on iOS? I don’t see them and do like to use them at night

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER

This is awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I downloaded the Discord App but could not find any information on Ford Pass. Where do I find that on the app?
You should be able to click on the link below and you can join the Developers Discord "server". If you are not familiar with Discord... it is essentially a hybrid of a chat room and a message board. Think of each "server" as a different message board/community.

This link is for the Developers server which is called "Henrylink"

https://discord.gg/TJAmNXXc

Attached is a screenshot explaining all the shortcuts he has Fordpass integration for. Some obviously are EV specific and some are ICE specific.

Ford F-150 Lightning Other ways to control zone lighting? Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 5.40.15 PM