• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Parking Sensors Fault

Ajm97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER '23
I've been getting this warning every start for several days. Initially thought it was because the sensors were dirty, but after a good wash and wipe and a couple of ignition cycles, the alert still pops up.

Anyone else encounter this?
Easy fix?
Ford F-150 Lightning Parking Sensors Fault 1000004930
Sponsored

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
i have had a similar problem recently with the message "front parking sensors are not available" We have had a lot of slush on the roads recently which freezes on the vehicle while driving blocking the sensors with ice. I was able to fix this error by cleaning the sensors with isopropyl alcohol and then going back and putting a small amount alcohol on the sensor with a syringe, this seemed to work well to clear the ice and error message.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Are you starting inside a small garage or close to an object?

OP
OP

Ajm97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER '23
@Heliian in th morning, yes, from in the garage (but I've had the truck for over a year without that issue) but after work it's outside in a parking lot.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I've been getting this warning every start for several days. Initially thought it was because the sensors were dirty, but after a good wash and wipe and a couple of ignition cycles, the alert still pops up.

Easy fix?
1000004930.jpg
Hi there! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I’ll look into this parking sensor concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

dkrueger

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning

Easy fix?
1000004930.jpg
This is a known issue. I bought my 2023 in early January and the sales person told me this was an issue and that Ford would have an update to fix it. I brought it in for service twice and they installed updates that fixed it. Take it back to your dealer and ask them to update.

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
I've started seeing about once a week lately (maybe 5 total), not clear if there is a pattern, but it's rare and hadn't happened in the previous 24k miles.

maineiah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Exact same issue here. Started happening after an ice storm that the truck was parked in. Not sure if that kicked it off or not. Regardless, dealer bound.

PS excellent range

Ford F-150 Lightning Parking Sensors Fault IMG_2908

OP
OP

Ajm97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER '23
Exact same issue here. Started happening after an ice storm that the truck was parked in. Not sure if that kicked it off or not. Regardless, dealer bound.

PS excellent range

IMG_2908.jpeg
I think mine started driving through some crappy winter conditions too... Which is why I thought it was just covered sensors...

Im booked in a couple days, I'll update what they find/ do...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

PS excellent range

IMG_2908.jpeg
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ajm97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER '23
Mine turned out to be a corroded wire running to one of the sensors.

maineiah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
I think mine started driving through some crappy winter conditions too... Which is why I thought it was just covered sensors...

Im booked in a couple days, I'll update what they find/ do...

Any luck? I haven't been able to get over to the dealer yet...
Sponsored