• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone As A Key PAAK set up tips / tricks?

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Based on your screenshots (wheels shown), you have a SR XLT. Correct? If so, you don't have PAAK and can't get those buttons.
Bummer, we can only afford what we are willing to pay, so will do without and just keep Fobing it. Sad though, Tesla has one app for all models and all features are enabled with no issues? Let get with it Ford, we have come along ways from the Quadricycle, so let’s act like it?!

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone As A Key PAAK set up tips / tricks? IMG_5372
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Bummer, we can only afford what we are willing to pay, so will do without and just keep Fobing it. Sad though, Tesla has one app for all models and all features are enabled with no issues? Let get with it Ford, we have come along ways from the Quadricycle, so let’s act like it?!
To be fair. PAAK (at least the way Ford implements it) takes additional hardware (Bluetooth handles, etc.). Same with BlueCruise (driver-facing cameras, etc.). Was not designed from the ground-up like Tesla.

Plus those of us who spent $30K more for our truck need those $2K worth of features to rationalize our choice! :)

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
True, didn’t know about the differences in electronic features. I was told the only difference between the Lariat and XLT was real leather and roof. I almost spent $57k on used 2023 Lariat with 9k miles but decided to go with new with full warranty so XLT it is. Thanks for the info.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone As A Key PAAK set up tips / tricks? IMG_5376

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
That's weird, I've got buttons on the app to open frunk and tailgate. I've used them a lot. They're to the right of the horn/lights button you have on my phone. I'm on IOS if that makes any difference.
2023 Lariat ER.

Until recently I didn't think I had the choices. Perhaps it's a recent app update or I just didn't see it.

Now I see the choices. BUT they are grayed out unless I'm in range of Bluetooth.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone As A Key PAAK set up tips / tricks? IMG_0029.PNG

See screenshots below

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone As A Key PAAK set up tips / tricks? IMG_0028.PNG

Last edited:

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Opening the Frunk or Tailgate via Ford Pass is only done via Bluetooth. So you have to be within Bluetooth range for those to work (otherwise grayed out).

So no way to pop open your Frunk from across town .......probably a good thing.
Sponsored