• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone As A Key PAAK set up tips / tricks?

Charley

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening
Occupation
Retired
I am so frustrated with this set up process. I’ve tried many times myself to set the phone as a key. Originally I was told Ford did not have a iphone 12 or newer available until Dec ‘22. my dealer upgraded my system the other day as per the service bulletin. Now I’ve gone through the Ford service line many times to try to get this completed. I keep getting bumped up to a call back from an engineer. The engineer never calls me back. Anyone know what’s going on? What tips and tricks do you have to setting up the phone as a key?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I would suggest you provide more specifics. When you start the process, how far are you getting? Are you getting error messages?

If it's never worked for you, follow these steps:

1) Delete FordPass cache.
2) Delete FordPass app.
3) Reboot phone.
4) Delete any PaaK added to the car.
5) Install app, sign, create PaaK.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
If you have a third-party case on your phone, take it off first. Also, keep it near the center console while you're doing the setup.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
If you have a third-party case on your phone, take it off first. Also, keep it near the center console while you're doing the setup.
Cases don't generally block bluetooth.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Charley

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening
Occupation
Retired
Problem solved. Started process over with suggestions. Thx!

Major Dawg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Senior Wireless QA Engineer
Just an FYI.

I have a Goolge Pixel 7 Pro, and experianced issues with PAAK from the start. Never was able to get it working, that is until I upgraded my phone Android OS to 13. Updated Date June 1, 2023. I upgraded on July 5th 2023.

After the update, I gave it a try and it worked the first time. I have also tested, deleting the phone from the truck and walked through the process a second time and it work flawlessly.

So, Ford is not always to blame.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Speaking of updates, the app, why can I not open the front fronk without having the key fob or pushing the button on the dash? So, there should be a Frunk button on the Ford app?! I am forced to just use the key fob instead.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone As A Key PAAK set up tips / tricks? IMG_1072
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone As A Key PAAK set up tips / tricks? IMG_5366

Last edited:

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Speaking of updates, the app, why can I not open the front fronk without having the key fob or pushing the button on the dash? So, there should be a button on the Ford app?! Sure is pretty but about 50% useless. I am forced to just use the key fob instead.
That's weird, I've got buttons on the app to open frunk and tailgate. I've used them a lot. They're to the right of the horn/lights button you have on my phone. I'm on IOS if that makes any difference.

Sponsored

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
That's weird, I've got buttons on the app to open frunk and tailgate. I've used them a lot. They're to the right of the horn/lights button you have on my phone. I'm on IOS if that makes any difference.
I will see if there is an update. Thanks

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Speaking of updates, the app, why can I not open the front fronk without having the key fob or pushing the button on the dash? So, there should be a Frunk button on the Ford app?! I am forced to just use the key fob instead.

IMG_1072.jpeg
IMG_5366.jpeg
You need to set up Phone as a Key (PaaK) if you have a lariat or above (if I recall correctly)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

IMG_1072.jpeg
IMG_5366.jpeg
Activate your PAAK

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

IMG_1072.jpeg
IMG_5366.jpeg
Based on your screenshots (wheels shown), you have a SR XLT. Correct? If so, you don't have PAAK and can't get those buttons.

For future help click here now:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/account/account-details
and scroll down to Vehicles and change yours to 2023 F150 Lightning XLT SR.
Sponsored