• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Frunk, Back seat and bed all loaded and still got 2.2 on a 140 mile trip. Aerodynamic shape of kayaks probably helped. I wiped the floor with a bimmer with this setup. I only used a part of the power I had because I really didn't feel like picking up my couch and kayaks off of a busy road. But that was more than enough.

z2.jpg
I love the bed rack. It looks to be height adjustable. I was not able to decipher the brand, do you happen to know? I see Thule makes an adjustable bed rack - of course at the Thule price.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I love the bed rack. It looks to be height adjustable. I was not able to decipher the brand, do you happen to know? I see Thule makes an adjustable bed rack - of course at the Thule price.
It is Thule. I bought it years ago for $600 new. It was even better on my old (20 year old) Frontier because I could load the kayaks much easier at lower hight. I just had to adjust the width when I transferred it to Lightning.

When I am not using it, almost all of it is bellow the roofline so I see no hit to the range or hear no added wind noise. I am not sure if Thule still sell these but if you want to have a bed cover and a rack, this model may not work. I didn’t care about covering the sprayed bed, having a huge back seat and the Frunk so I am OK with it.

The only thing that bugged me about the whole setup in the photo was Ford not thinking about putting the backup camera out of business with the tailgate open. A camera at each corner in the back could help and would result in a better 360 image as well. As it is, the image quality of corners are really bad.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
"Down the river" for an early morning row...
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 PXL_20230811_100617138

Sponsored

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
Picked up a new Polaris 570. Fit like a glove. Weight is 701lbs. That resulted in a 1 m/KWh reduction. So instead of my usual 3.4, I got 2.2 on the trip.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_2269

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
The only thing that bugged me about the whole setup in the photo was Ford not thinking about putting the backup camera out of business with the tailgate open.
I read somewhere the "24 Superduty is getting a camera mounted to the top plate of the gate for when it's down it faces outwards to replace the regular back up camera. So maybe something to be added to our currant models down the road??

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I read somewhere the "24 Superduty is getting a camera mounted to the top plate of the gate for when it's down it faces outwards to replace the regular back up camera. So maybe something to be added to our currant models down the road??
Until then, I may use a mirror with the correct angle facing the existing camera when the tailgate is down. If I ever get to it, I will post a photo. If others reading this get to it first, please share your setup’s photo.
Sponsored