• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Charger Wifi Help

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
@wvlightning I went back out today and tried connecting the charger back to a Wi-Fi network with no result. The Lighting is on the same network (sees it at full strength), and while I can connect to the charger just fine, I can't get it on a network.

The charger itself is charging just fine, and with the schedule I set up in the FordPass app its charging at the appropriate times and charge settings.

I am loathe to try to swap out the charger with a new one. I just don't know if replacing the charger with a new one from Ford is worth it.

What am I missing by not having it on the network, aside from software updates, and Insight data?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
@wvlightning I went back out today and tried connecting the charger back to a Wi-Fi network with no result. The Lighting is on the same network (sees it at full strength), and while I can connect to the charger just fine, I can't get it on a network.

The charger itself is charging just fine, and with the schedule I set up in the FordPass app its charging at the appropriate times and charge settings.

I am loathe to try to swap out the charger with a new one. I just don't know if replacing the charger with a new one from Ford is worth it.

What am I missing by not having it on the network, aside from software updates, and Insight data?
You can't de-rate it without popping the cover off.

OP
OP

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
@duncanmclain yeah as pioneer stated the only thing you lose is the ability to change amperage in the app. For me I realized it was working was because I could see on my home network that it had been given an IP address. I would of never known it actually worked until then. So if you go through the whole process of connecting it manually to the network and then manually adding it to the Ford pass app when you click on home charger what do you get?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
How do you factory reset the FCPS?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
How do you factory reset the FCPS?
There is a red button to the left of the lugs where you terminate the incoming power, or you can reset it by the Charge Station Pro setup app. The app would be safer for those nervous about having the cover removed with the power on.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Charger Wifi Help Screenshot_20221201_101428

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
There is a red button to the left of the lugs where you terminate the incoming power, or you can reset it by the Charge Station Pro setup app. The app would be safer for those nervous about having the cover removed with the power on.

Screenshot_20221201_101428.jpg
Unfortunately I need to reset because of the whole wifi fiasco( just had it installed). Will shutting off the breaker do it also?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Unfortunately I need to reset because of the whole wifi fiasco( just had it installed). Will shutting off the breaker do it also?
Shutting the breaker off will not do a factory reset. The button and app are the only way I know of.

MJB28

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning, 2020 Harley Livewire
Is the charge stations network the same as the station ID?
Only different network that shows up in my Wi-Fi when trying to connect to the charger is PROJba8eb5 and it doesn’t work.
My station ID starts with SWA

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Is the charge stations network the same as the station ID?
Only different network that shows up in my Wi-Fi when trying to connect to the charger is PROJba8eb5 and it doesn’t work.
My station ID starts with SWA
The PRO........ is for Car Play and android auto to connect to for mobile apps projection onto the Sync4a screen.

The SWA..... is the FCSP device name / station ID.

MJB28

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning, 2020 Harley Livewire
The PRO........ is for Car Play and android auto to connect to for mobile apps projection onto the Sync4a screen.

The SWA..... is the FCSP device name / station ID.
Thanks, that explains why it didn’t work.
never have seen the SWA name in my Wi-Fi network
Guess I’ll keep trying, I have reset breaker few times and factory reset a couple times.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Guess I’ll keep trying, I have reset breaker few times and factory reset a couple times.
Wait at least 15 minutes after doing a factory reset to attempt anything. Give it time to boot up.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Wait at least 15 minutes after doing a factory reset to attempt anything. Give it time to boot up.
In my case when I configured my FCSP, my Home network was never viewable….I had to manually enter my network SSID during the setup in order to connect.

Post setup, I had to do a MAC Address search on my home network to figure out which of my connected devices was my FCSP….it shows as a network: Texas Instruments…..

FCSP app
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Charger Wifi Help 2373DDAB-3CD3-4B58-B3D4-C4E6CB85348D

Network Manage app
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Charger Wifi Help E4842ACB-31DB-4107-96FC-A8FF441856BF

danpoleary

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning xlt extended range
Occupation
IT Consultant
I am a network engineer, and something is seriously wrong with the wifi implementation. When I turn off and on the breaker, I can see the FCSP connect to my wifi with excellent signal strength. After some time however (2, 4, 8 hours randome time), it just drops off the network and will never attempt to reconnect. I use Unifi network AP and switches and they give me signal strength over time. At the point it dosconnects, signal was still excellent.

This appears to be a major flaw in the FCSP implemetation of lease time or something. I would love to diagnose this, and am attempting to figure out the Web services API built into the FCSP. I wish they had a technical document on this unit.

Reactions: Ige

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I am a network engineer, and something is seriously wrong with the wifi implementation. When I turn off and on the breaker, I can see the FCSP connect to my wifi with excellent signal strength. After some time however (2, 4, 8 hours randome time), it just drops off the network and will never attempt to reconnect. I use Unifi network AP and switches and they give me signal strength over time. At the point it dosconnects, signal was still excellent.

This appears to be a major flaw in the FCSP implemetation of lease time or something. I would love to diagnose this, and am attempting to figure out the Web services API built into the FCSP. I wish they had a technical document on this unit.
I don't have it at hand, but some older threads point to technical help line at Siemens, hunt that down and see if you can persuade them with your technical expertise to issue a patch to fix this problem.
Sponsored