• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Power for the Win

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
Another year, another storm.

High winds yesterday took out our power. Last year same thing we were out for almost a week and using a noisy gas guzzling portable generator.

This year

Pro power to the rescue. With a pre-existing generator plug, my Lariat ER is handling everything nicely with no sags when the furnace spins up.

Using about 5 miles per hr range to keep lighting, internet, and house warm.

I knew this was nice to have just didn't think I would be using it this soon after getting the truck at the end of December.

I love this Truck!!!!!
Sponsored

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro ER
Another year, another storm.

High winds yesterday took out our power. Last year same thing we were out for almost a week and using a noisy gas guzzling portable generator.

This year

Pro power to the rescue. With a pre-existing generator plug, my Lariat ER is handling everything nicely with no sags when the furnace spins up.

Using about 5 miles per hr range to keep lighting, internet, and house warm.

I knew this was nice to have just didn't think I would be using it this soon after getting the truck at the end of December.

I love this Truck!!!!!
Hands down one of the best things about the truck. We had a power outage for 10 hours last month and we were able to power most circuits in the house, including heat. Only used 6% of the Lightning’s battery. For reference, our longest outage we’ve ever had was maybe 18 hours.

OP
OP

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Feeding my house with general lighting (all LED) and heat with some other misc loads, I'm losing about 5 miles per hour. My Emporia power logging system shows a continuous draw of 4-5 amps and ramps up to about 9-12 when the furnace fires up.

Widespread outages here and no timeline for restoration.

I'll need to swing by a nearby DCFC to top off later today. At this point, it might be days for restoration

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
We love it too! The ability to power your home when connected to the 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro is one of many things that makes the F-150 Lightning built for reliability on and off the road!
Nice try Ford. I know, you know, my dog knows, we all know no one is buying the extra $6,000 in hardware and paying Shunrun to install it.

At least, we're running extension cords into the house. At middle, we're installing a transfer switch to power critical loads. At most, we're installing a 30A generator receptacle to carry the whole house. Best guess is the most expensive option is ~1/10th the cost of your backup system. The home backup interface has, almost literally, zero use case.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Nice try Ford. I know, you know, my dog knows, we all know no one is buying the extra $6,000 in hardware and paying Shunrun to install it.
Exactly, definately not in my case

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
We love it too! The ability to power your home when connected to the 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro is one of many things that makes the F-150 Lightning built for reliability on and off the road!
*sigh* The HIS is a massive disappointment. Probably best not to remind people it exists.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Can you share even one person's experience of this working out of the box? I've heard no positive experiences even after several installer visits of this system being reliable. All of us just plan to do our own thing with ProPower. But you probably already know this full-home backup is a bust system which is why you stopped including the Charge Station Pro in 2024.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you share even one person's experience of this working out of the box? I've heard no positive experiences even after several installer visits of this system being reliable. All of us just plan to do our own thing with ProPower. But you probably already know this full-home backup is a bust system which is why you stopped including the Charge Station Pro in 2024.
Some intern just got fired for posting. HIS was rightfully dying and they just resurrected it.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ent-backup-power-without-sunrun.12564/page-21

This quote hits:
" However, I’ve been quietly trying to work through all of the issues discussed in this and various other threads with reps from Ford, Sunrun, Delta and Siemens. Unfortunately, I have to report that not for the lack of trying, after 15 months of ownership and attempting to acquire a fully functional and reliable truck & home backup system as advertised by Ford and Sunrun, none of the above parties have been able to bring the HIS into a reliable working condition. "

Last edited:

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer

At least, we're running extension cords into the house. At middle, we're installing a transfer switch to power critical loads. At most, we're installing a 30A generator receptacle to carry the whole house. Best guess is the most expensive option is ~1/10th the cost of your backup system. The home backup interface has, almost literally, zero use case.
I don’t use the FCSP for anything but charging. The 7.2 KW out of the twist lock in the bed of the truck works perfectly with my existing home generator port and my manual cutoff switch setup. Used it a few times last summer - worked great.
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Power for the Win IMG_5483

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t use the FCSP for anything but charging. The 7.2 KW out of the twist lock in the bed of the truck works perfectly with my existing home generator port and my manual cutoff switch setup. Used it a few times last summer - worked great.
IMG_5483.jpeg
This is the exact setup I have. 30A receptacle with a breaker interlock kit in the main panel. Works great and cost ~3% of the Home Integration System.

Sponsored

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
IMG_5483.jpeg
Yep. This is all you need.
Unless you lose power frequently (multiple times per month perhaps) and/or you have $$$ to throw away, the advertised integration system just doesn't seem worth it.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
I agree just seems like folks want the more expensive option to be true and then when the reality of Sunrun's poor customer hits... well it's time for a new approach.

I love my truck! And not just because she has a huge fricken frunk! (but it doesn't hurt).

Last edited:

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
This is the exact setup I have. 30A receptacle with a breaker interlock kit in the main panel. Works great and cost ~3% of the Home Integration System.
Same here, except my backup power source is Atlas Blue Metallic. And works with the generator if the truck isn't home.
Sponsored