• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Problems getting the truck out of Park

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Anyone else had a problem with the foot on the brake and then shifting out of Park? Maybe it is just finicky and I don't have it down yet, but after starting I put my foot on the brake, push the button and attempt to shift out of park, it may take 2 or 3 times foot off of and then back on the brake to get it to shift out of Park.

Anyone else have something similar?
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I have, but I think it's because I didn't press the button on the shifter all the way. I'll need more seat time to try and recreate it to confirm.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I had this issue the first time I started my truck after I drove it off the lot…I couldn’t get it to shift into park😱. I got analytical and figured out I needed to apply my foot to the foot break pedal first, then press the “ignition“ button in two clearly separate actions.

I found I was putting the truck in “Accessory “ mode and not recognizing that fact by looking at the display…panicked a little until I realized what I was doing.🤣

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I had this experience as well, but only in the beginning. It seems like I sometimes have to hit the start button twice sometimes. But I have also turned the truck off accidentally doing this. Wish we could do away with the start button altogether...

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I had this experience as well, but only in the beginning. It seems like I sometimes have to hit the start button twice sometimes. But I have also turned the truck off accidentally doing this. Wish we could do away with the start button altogether...
Can we at least make it an ON/OFF button? START is for ICE...it was the new term following CRANK....which came after GIDDY-UP.

Sponsored

Maximum Effort

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Self employed
Anyone else had a problem with the foot on the brake and then shifting out of Park? Maybe it is just finicky and I don't have it down yet, but after starting I put my foot on the brake, push the button and attempt to shift out of park, it may take 2 or 3 times foot off of and then back on the brake to get it to shift out of Park.

I have this happen with my powerboost and my wife’s lightning sometimes. It seems like I have to press the pedal a little harder than my previous trucks.

Reactions: GDN

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
I did this, the door was slightly open and I didn’t catch it because the alert kept telling me to return to park. Not ideal when you already reversed into the street. A bit of a confusing flaw.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Push fully on brake pedal.
Push On button.
Wait until screen finishes booting up.
Shift out of park.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Push fully on brake pedal.
Push On button.
Wait until screen finishes booting up.
Shift out of park.
I'll be a little more deliberate in watching steps and waiting until screen finishes, but the current wait is a bit on the crazy side. It should be ready to go by the time I've got the door closed.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'll be a little more deliberate in watching steps and waiting until screen finishes, but the current wait is a bit on the crazy side. It should be ready to go by the time I've got the door closed.
Guess we get in our cars differently. I open door, get in, close door, put foot on brake, push button. Wait is like a whole 15-20 seconds.

Waiting allows all sensors / camera to be able to display. I never backup before they are ready.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I will miss just getting up out of the seat and the car putting itself in park (xc40) or turning the power off and the car putting itself in park (bolt, xc90). How lazy we become when things are done for us ...

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Shadow monster / mind flayer will have you by the time the truck is ready to roll! (Yes, I’m a season behind)

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I will miss just getting up out of the seat and the car putting itself in park (xc40) or turning the power off and the car putting itself in park (bolt, xc90). How lazy we become when things are done for us ...
I think the truck will put it self in park if you turn it off and exit it (still in drive) altho I am not sure I would want to test that.. I have seen videos of folks doing it.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I think the truck will put it self in park if you turn it off and exit it (still in drive) altho I am not sure I would want to test that.. I have seen videos of folks doing it.
Only 3 more months to find out.
Sponsored