• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Random Battery Replacement?

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Ford called me today wanting to replace a battery module...anyone else get this? No idea why, no lights or anything acting weird.
Sponsored

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Pretty cool that the OTA reporting is letting them know there's an issue with a module, either that or perhaps yours was around the time of the batch that had them pause the line so they're aware of a potential issue with the module... hope it's nothing serious, glad we're all under warranty!

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Search the forum for 23H01. There are several threads about this. This isn’t related to the battery fire but was another problem with some modules.

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure if this is related but I am having connectivity issues. Worked with FordPass to try and get it corrected but anything that was tried failed. They told me I have to take it to a dealer for service to have my Modem reset. The trouble shooting we attempted apparently indicated that a software upgrade was interrupted in the process and now it is frozen and needs a modem reset.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I had the same call from Ford. Got it scheduled with my dealer, then 3 days later I had the drivetrain error/HV battery issue and the truck was undriveable. You didnt get the call at random., if you pulled your DTC codes right now you have a error. Hopefully you can get it in and out without issue. My truck took almost 4 weeks to get the appointment and returned. Actual repair only took a day and a half.

Sponsored

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Pretty cool that the OTA reporting is letting them know there's an issue with a module, either that or perhaps yours was around the time of the batch that had them pause the line so they're aware of a potential issue with the module... hope it's nothing serious, glad we're all under warranty!
That's one way to look at it...

...it's pretty crappy that your truck knows something is wrong with it, but didn't tell you. What happens when you're out of warranty and you want to self-repair or use a third party instead of the dealership?

It's great that Ford is providing good warranty service. But the data control situation is unacceptable.

suprsprm

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Construction
That's one way to look at it...

...it's pretty crappy that your truck knows something is wrong with it, but didn't tell you. What happens when you're out of warranty and you want to self-repair or use a third party instead of the dealership?

It's great that Ford is providing good warranty service. But the data control situation is unacceptable.
Great point

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Not sure if this is related but I am having connectivity issues. Worked with FordPass to try and get it corrected but anything that was tried failed. They told me I have to take it to a dealer for service to have my Modem reset. The trouble shooting we attempted apparently indicated that a software upgrade was interrupted in the process and now it is frozen and needs a modem reset.
I had this issue. I solved it first by unplugging the modem overnight. It is sitting behind the rear seat behind a cover. I had a similar problem a couple of weeks later and pulled fuse 32 (on Lariat ER) for 5 minutes to reset the modem. Both methods worked but the fuse pull was the easier of the two. After that, there were several updates and it seems much more stable now. Others have solved this by disconnecting the small 12v battery in the rear of the Frunk - that resets a bunch of stuff including the modem. Since the modem always has power, it will not hard reset without disconnecting the power to it using one of the methods above. Even still, some have had to replace the modem if the hard power reset didn't work. Knock on some wood - mine has been stable for months now.

OP
OP

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a road trip scheduled this weekend, very frustrating that Ford hasn't given much information. I will try to interrogate my dealer again -- I called today and their answer was "Ford called you? that's odd"., but now Ford scheduled an appointment so maybe they'll have more information.

They claim it will be replaced next week, I am skeptical that the battery module will be here by then, but we will see.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I had an appointment on 5/8 and the parts had been there for at least a week by then. When I had it towed to the dealer so that it would be there on 5/8 they told me that a Ford Technician was coming in to assist with the repair, but he wasn't scheduled to come until 5/15 so it sat for a week at the dealer, parts on hand, and a tech available, but waiting on Ford tech.

When it was all back to me, 2 days later my motors started overheating and had to take it back. Apparently there was a pocket of air in the cooling system that didn't come out - keep an eye on your coolant reservoir after you get it back.

Sponsored

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I had this issue. I solved it first by unplugging the modem overnight. It is sitting behind the rear seat behind a cover. I had a similar problem a couple of weeks later and pulled fuse 32 (on Lariat ER) for 5 minutes to reset the modem. Both methods worked but the fuse pull was the easier of the two. After that, there were several updates and it seems much more stable now. Others have solved this by disconnecting the small 12v battery in the rear of the Frunk - that resets a bunch of stuff including the modem. Since the modem always has power, it will not hard reset without disconnecting the power to it using one of the methods above. Even still, some have had to replace the modem if the hard power reset didn't work. Knock on some wood - mine has been stable for months now.
Thank you for that information. Since my appointment is not until June 10th maybe I should give it a try.

OP
OP

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I called the dealer and pushed for more info and they claim they want to do an engineering analysis and that its not defective. Not sure I believe that -- I believe that's what the dealer thinks, but I feel like something more is up with this.

Oh well, they should do it next week in theory. I'm going to still do the road trip.

MattXD

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Hope you can get a clear explanation when take her in. It sucks if something fails while you are on the trip.
Sponsored